Governor of Oyo Seyi Makinde while hosting the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) federal lawmakers from the state, who paid him a courtesy visit in Ibadan, assured that his government will continue collaborating with President Muhammadu Buhari’s regime to tackle insecurity in the state.
In a statement by his Chief Press Secretary, Taiwo Adisa, the governor said his administration was making progress toward addressing the spate of insecurity ravaging the state.
He said no federal security agency operating in the state, which his government had not assisted to be more effective.
The governor urged the lawmakers to cooperate with the federal establishments to address the insecurity and move the country forward.
“We may be in opposition to the party in power at the federal level, but we are not out to politicize the issue of insecurity,” Makinde said.
He also urged the lawmakers not to be far away from their constituencies and complement his government’s efforts to providing dividends of democracy to their constituents.
The lawmakers passed a vote of confidence in Makinde for what they described as “unprecedented achievements of the Makinde’s administration in the last two years.”
Kola Balogun, representing Oyo South Senatorial District, who spoke on behalf of his colleagues, said Mr Makinde’s administration had moved the state forward in terms of performance ranking.
Balogun declared that the governor had been able to bridge the trust deficit between the people and the government.
- Tackle Insecurity Now, It might out of hand tommorow-Seyi Makinde tells President Buhari
- OPPO Collaborates with Netflix To Deliver the Ultimate Viewing Experience on the new Reno3 Series
- #BBNaija 2023: Battleline drawn as Tonto Dikeh collaborates with Bobrisky to support Nengi
- KWAM 1 collaborates with Teni, Toby Grey on new EP
- VIDEO: Blakk Rasta collaborates with Uganda’s Bobi Wine in banger titled ‘Bloody Museveni’
- “Tackle Insecurity By Working With The Local Chiefs” – President Buhari Advises Governors
- We’re confident you will tackle insecurity – APC Governors tell Buhari
- Buhari and Governors should resign if they are unable to tackle insecurity â Femi Falana’s wife, Funmi
- Recruit 50 million youths into Army to tackle insecurity â Tinubu tells Buhari (video)
- Bring U.S. soldiers to help tackle Nigeria’s insecurity – Buhari begs Biden