Nyesom Wike, Rivers State Governor has declared that he is anticipating political persecution from opponents once his tenure ends in 2023.
He however added that he is prepared for whatever may come his way and has started preparations for such scenarios already.
Wike who revealed that he has already moved out of the government house in Rivers even before the expiration of his tenure noted that those in power do not like those who speak the truth but he won’t because of fear bend to anyone’s wishes.
The Rivers State Governor made the submissions over the weekend in Abuja during the dedication of Uche Nwosu’s son, grandson of former Imo Governor Senator Rochas Okorocha.
Making reference to the ongoing saga between Okorocha and the incumbent Imo State Governor, Hope Uzodinma, Wike declared that he believes what Okorocha is experiencing in the hands of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) as well as other security agencies is nothing but political persecution.
He, therefore, urged him to remain steadfast because he will emerge a better person from the experiences.
“Political prosecution will come especially after you have left office so what you’re going through today is not peculiar with you and your family. I know they will come after me but am prepared, I am ready for them.
“You should be strong and put your trust in God. I don’t stay close to people in power, particularly this kind of power, you see in life, I was looking around to see Governors, I know if Uche Nwosu is a sitting governor, you will see a lot of governors here.
“If Rochas was Governor you would have seen a lot of governors here, life is like that, for me now I don’t even live in the Government House. I have parked out, even though I still have two more years, I am tired so I had to leave.
“Particularly again when you have a system that is not doing well, the truth must be told. Many people don’t like the truth that is why they don’t like me.
Wike said, “You said this is APC hall, I came here I didn’t see any APC member, today I’ve converted it to Christian hall. The way I do my thing, nobody can stop me or tell me who can be my friend. Nobody in this country can tell where to go, nobody.”
He added: “I am happy he is no longer in power that is why I am coming close to him now to learn the experience of those who are no longer in power, so that by the time it gets to me I will be used to it.
“Owelle is facing a lot of crisis, it is not easy to pass through these crises but it will come but it will be over.
“I want to encourage you and your son-in-law to be strong. If it doesn’t happen like this you won’t know that God loves you. You will go through these battles for you to know that there is God. We have passed through these battles and we are still waiting to pass through them again.
“Just like Rochas, God has given everyone his talent, when I watch your son-in-law from far, I say you have a good son-in-law that is not arrogant, not a son-in-law that does not understand what marriage is all about, I wouldn’t have come. I will be in Imo State soon and I will tell them my mind. You should thank God”.
Credit: News – Gistlover
- China requests extradition of Uighur man who fled persecution: report
- IPOB using alleged ‘Christian persecution’ to stir global apathy- Presidency
- Christian persecution: UK lawmakers launch report on Nigeria, dedicates it to Leah Sharibu
- “What is happening to Christians and churches qualifies fully as persecution”- Rev Chris Oyakhilome (video)
- NIDCOM chief reacts to allegations of FG deporting Biafra agitators for persecution
- NIDCOM chief reacts to allegations of Federal Government deporting Biafra agitators for persecution
- Ablekuma shooting: Stop the propaganda and persecution – Lord Commey
- Orji Uzor Kalu Will face More Persecution But Only Nnamdi Kanu Can Save Him – Prophet Kingleo Elijah Says
- Gov. Wike Disobeys Buhari!!! Says: “We Are Ready For War, I Don’t Take Orders From Abuja!”
- Joy Nunieh: Rivers State Is Ready To Fight – Gov Wike