Ogun State Governor, Dapo Abiodun, has extended the lockdown of the state by one week from May 4 to 11, 2022.
The governor, on Friday in a broadcast at his office in Oke-Mosan, Abeokuta, also extended the relaxation period from seven to 10 hours.
President Muhammadu Buhari had announced gradual relaxation of the lockdown in Lagos, Ogun and the Federal Capital Territory and an 8pm to 6am curfew effective in the aforementioned locations from May 4.
Mr Abiodun, however, said his new directive was in agreement with the president’s order.
He explained that the lockdown would be relaxed gradually through the 10-hour relaxation window.
“In line with Mr President’s address to the entire nation, the lockdown is still in place. However, the lockdown will begin to be relaxed gradually and in phases from Monday, May 4, in consideration of the peculiarity of the different states,” he said.
“To this end, our relaxation window remains Monday, May 4, Wednesday, May 6, and Friday, May 8. The new time frame will, however, now be from 7am to 5pm on those days. This will give our people ample time to conduct necessary economic activities and to get to their various homes before the commencement of the daily curfew as directed by Mr President.
“For the avoidance of doubt, the curfew is from 8pm to 6am every day and will be strictly enforced.”
The governor restated the government’s stance on the compulsory use of face mask in public places.
He said, “We have procured over one million face masks that we are distributing across the state to groups such as market women, artisans, transport unions, law enforcement agencies, civil servants and religious groups among others. Nevertheless, everybody has a personal responsibility to procure and wear a face mask.”
- COVID-19: Dapo Abiodun extends lockdown in Ogun for another one week
- COVID-19: Ogun Stays Home as Gov. Abiodun extends lockdown again, Cases rises to 49
- Gov Abiodun extends lockdown by two weeks in Ogun State
- Ogun extends lockdown by one week as COVID-19 cases rise
- Ogun extends lockdown by one more week
- COVID 19: Ogun extends total lockdown by one week
- Ogun state government extends lockdown by one more week
- Ogun state extends lockdown by 1 more week
- Ogun Govt extends lockdown by another week
- COVID-19: Gov Dapo Abiodun extends lockdown again