The Anambra state government has debunked report of Governor Willie Obiano, his Chief of Staff CoS, Chief Primus Odili and his wife being infected with Coronavirus.
Media aide to Odili, Mr Juventus Okoli described the claim as mischief and blackmail taken too far by enemies of progress, and further stated that there was no atom of truth in the Coronavirus scare in Anambra government house.
” This is certainly the season of trash and cheap blackmail against perceived opponents, with the majority of them not worthy of any response.
“However, the recent viral post that there has been a coronavirus scare in government house is not only infantile, but the height of mischief, obviously driven by envy and jealousy.
“For the records, there’s no such scare in government house; least of all, its being triggered by the wife of the COS.
“The Governor is 100% fine and going about his administrative duties deligently while observing the world recommended wearing of face mask, sanitizing and social distancing
“The post is therefore part of the evil machinations of those, who, for reasons best known to them, are envious and jealous of the governor and some of his aides like the young man, Primus Odili, his track records and his wife, whose only offense is that she visits her husband from time to time from America.
“The field is open and wide enough for anyone to play his game without overlapping into another’s part of the pitch.
“Rather than spite those who worked hard and legitimately to attain their current positions, those behind such attacks should equally work hard to succeed in life. You don’t grow by pulling others down.”
- Fake NNPC staff defraud Nigerians of N32m for jobsIn Local NewsJanuary 18, 2021A trader, identified as Prince on Monday told an FCT High Court in Kubwa that a fake staff, Mrs Uju Okoye, allegedly defrauded him and his friends of ...[Read more]
- Girl child education, necessary for national development – UBEC boss, BobboyiIn Education, NewsJanuary 18, 2021With the resumption of schools in Ondo State on Monday for new academic session, the COVID-19 protocols was partially adhered to by students, parents ...[Read more]
- NDLEA Chairman, Marwa resumes office, hints on plans against illicit drugsIn NewsJanuary 18, 2021The Chairman, National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), retired Brig.-Gen. Buba Marwa has promised to reposition the agency for an efficient ...[Read more]
- Buhari appoints Abubakar Fikpo as NDE Acting DGIn NewsJanuary 18, 2021The Chairman, National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), retired Brig.-Gen. Buba Marwa has promised to reposition the agency for an efficient ...[Read more]
- Uganda: Bobiwine accuses President Museveni of intimidationIn NewsJanuary 18, 2021The Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) has advised the sick and older persons to stay away from worship centres. This is part of the guidelines ...[Read more]
- Governor Akeredolu orders herdsmen to vacate Ondo forest reservesIn NewsJanuary 18, 2021Governor Rotimi Akeredolu has ordered herders to vacate the forest reserves in Ondo state. The Governor issued the order ...[Read more]
- Barcelona star, Lionel Messi facing possible 12 match ban for punching opponent during Super Cup final against Athletic BilbaoIn NewsJanuary 18, 2021Barcelona superstar, Lionel Messi could be hit with 12 matches ban after he was sent off in the last minute of Barcelona’s Spanish Super Cup ...[Read more]
- CNN correspondent, Stephanie Busari, in shock after receiving a bill of N150k from Eko Electricity Distribution CompanyIn NewsJanuary 18, 2021Stephanie Busari, CNN correspondent, has taken to her Twitter handle to express her shock at the outrageous bill sent to her home by the Eko ...[Read more]
- EPL: Gary Neville names two signings Man United need to win titleIn EPL, SportsJanuary 18, 2021A former Manchester United defender, Gary Neville, has urged the club to sign a new centre-back and a right-winger to win the Premier League title. ...[Read more]
- Nigerian Army kills 35 bandits, recover rustled cowsIn NewsJanuary 18, 2021The Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) has advised the sick and older persons to stay away from worship centres. This is part of the guidelines ...[Read more]