Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo State has apologized to citizens for the delay in the results of COVID-19 tests done in the state.
Speaking at a press briefing, Makinde blamed it all on the shortage of reagents as he revealed that 300 test results are still awaited in the state which has recorded 20 confirmed cases..
He said, “Due to a shortage of reagents required to process COVID-19 tests, we currently have a number. Of the pending results of 775 samples collected so far, 300 are awaiting results.
“We are already in the process of acquiring more reagents in the shortest possible time to enable us clear the backlog. We appeal for patience from those awaiting results.
“Meanwhile, we will continue conducting tests at the drive-through/walk-through testing centre at Adamasingba Stadium.”
- Governor Seyi Makinde Gives Reason For Delay In COVID-19 Test Results
- VIDEO: After 10 Years Of Hosting Delay Show, Delay Cannot Boast Of A Simple Studio – Adu Safowaah Sh*ts On Delay
- Edo Decides: INEC gives reason for delay in collation of results
- Bayelsa suspected patients lament delay in COVID-19 test results
- COVID-19: Delay in test results is a waste, insane – Bill Gates
- COVID-19: Oyo awaits 129 test results of coronavirus – Makinde
- GOVERNOR Seyi Makinde of Oyo State has confirmed thirty-one new COVID-19 cases
- Governor Seyi Makinde Sacks Commissioner Over COVID-19 Claims
- Insecurity: Convene council of State meeting without delay- Ex- Oyo Governor, Alao-Akala tells Makinde