Government is set to demolish the abandoned 45-year-old maternity block at Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital in the Ashanti Region MyNewsGh.com can confirm.
The President of the Republic, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo, on Friday, 15th May, 2022, cut sod for the reactivation of work for the completion of Maternity and Children’s Block of the premier hospital.
The project, which is being funded by German Bank, Deutsche Bank, will cost €155 million, and was expected to be completed within 36 months, with the construction being undertaken by Contracta.
But the Ashanti Regional Minister-Designate Hon Simon Osei Mensah speaking in an interview with Abusua Fm Morning Show hosted by Kojo Marfo monitored by MyNewsGh.com said the contractor is set to demolish the structure
According to Hon Simon Osei Mensah, “the contractor after assessing the building came to the conclusion that the building is not fit for the purpose, hence it has to be demolished”.
“Kojo, we all know the building has been abandoned for 45 years and it has become weak for its purpose as Maternity block. Though the building was awarded to a contractor when President Akufo-Addo cut sod for its reactivation but per the contractor’s advice after the project assessment, it has to be demolished” Hon Simon Osei Mensah revealed.
Hon Simon Osei Mensah disclosed that “government will build a new maternity block after demolishing the old structure”.
- Top Engineer questions the demolition of KATH Maternity block as last resort
- KATH Maternity Block demolition is ‘strategic stealing’ – Odike blows alarm
- KATH Board cited for contempt by court
- “God will block your blessings” – Restaurant in the US places curses on customers who block their toilets
- Ghana Election 2022: Akua Donkoh Launches Manifesto, Promises To Change “Cedis” To British “Pounds” And Extend Maternity Leave To One Year.
- Photos: Bauchi LG chairman orders demolition of notorious criminal hideout over removal of 6-year-old girl’s sex organ by ritualists
- Lala Akindoju’s Maternity Wardrobe Was The Definition Of Effortlessly Stylish And Elegant
- The new realities of life in a high-risk maternity ward during coronavirus
- Militants storm maternity clinic in Afghanistan capital, kill 14
- ISIS gunmen attack a maternity ward in Afghanistan (graphic photos)