Abductors of students of the Greenfield University, Kaduna have threatened to kill the remaining 17 students if ransom is not paid on Tuesday.
reports that about 22 students were abducted from the university campus on April 20 when gunmen suspected to be bandits invaded the school premises.
The gunmen within a week, killed five of the victims as the State Governor, Nasir Ahmad El-Rufai vowed not to engage in negotiations with any bandit.
But the leader of the bandits who identified himself as Sani Idris Jalingo, while speaking in an interview on Hausa Service of Voice of America (VOA), monitored by Daily Trust, said the remaining students would be killed if the government failed to meet their demand.
According to him, the demand includes N100 million and 10 brand Honda motorcycles which he referred to as ‘Boko Haram’.
“You are speaking with the abductors of Greenfield students. We heard the utterances of the Kaduna State Governor that he will not pay ransom to bandits to purchase additional arms.
“If they fail to bring N100 million and 10 brand-new Honda motorcycles known as Boko Haram by Tuesday, I can assure you they will use trucks to evacuate the bodies of the remaining students,” he said.
- GPLwk23: Karela finally win; Dwarfs vs Legon Cities abandoned after fans threatened RefereesIn Ghana, NewsMay 9, 2021Karela United finally secured a win at the 6th time of asking since the second round of the league started more than one month ago with a hard fought ...[Read more]
- Man joyfully tattoos face of reality star, Mercy Eke on his arm (Video)In Celebrity NewsMay 9, 2021Die-hard fan inks the tattoo of the face of his favourite reality star, Mercy Eke, a.k.a Lambo on his arm as he joyfully shows it off. A video making ...[Read more]
- Video shows ‘hero’ NYPD cop running with wounded child after Times Square shootingIn USAMay 9, 2021Stunning surveillance footage captures a “hero” female cop frantically running through Times Square with the youngest victim of Saturday’s shooting ...[Read more]
- “Never set out to make money from your customers” – Reno Omokri warn entrepreneursIn Celebrity NewsMay 9, 2021Public speaker and author, Reno Omokri has urged entrepreneurs to desist from making money from their customers, urging them to add meaning to their ...[Read more]
- “New meme loading” – Reactions as Osita Iheme “Pawpaw” shares photo of himself drinking waterIn Celebrity NewsMay 9, 2021Netizens react as a veteran pint-size actor, Osita Iheme, popularly known as “Pawpaw” shares a cool picture of himself drinking table water. The ...[Read more]
- MTA’s Sarah Feinberg says subway safety will improve as riders returnIn USAMay 9, 2021New York City’s subways will be safer once the subways hit 4 or 5 million daily riders, Interim Transit President Sarah Feinberg said Sunday — while ...[Read more]
- Niger boat accident death toll hits 28In Local News, NewsMay 9, 2021The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) busted a drug cartel that sells drugged cookies, cakes, and brownies to residents of Abuja and ...[Read more]
- Abuja: NDLEA bursts cartel selling drugs online, arrests 5In Local NewsMay 9, 2021The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) busted a drug cartel that sells drugged cookies, cakes, and brownies to residents of Abuja and ...[Read more]
- Man Renounces His Position In His Family As The First BornIn Nigeria NewsMay 9, 2021ADVERTISEMENT A man identified as Kingsley Ifeanyi has renounced his position as the firstborn in his family. Obviously overwhelmed by the enormity ...[Read more]
- “I can do without s3x for two years” – Mr Ibu revealsIn Celebrity NewsMay 9, 2021Veteran Nollywood actor and comedian, John Okafor, popularly known as Mr. Ibu has disclosed that he can abstain from having sexual intercourse with a ...[Read more]