Greensprings School, a leading British international school in Lagos, has come out to encourage members of its community to show more love to the less privileged during this Covid-19 lockdown.
In a letter addressed to members of the school’s community, Mrs Lai Koiki, the CEO of the school, motivated the members to be optimistic that this challenging period will be over soon.
She advised them to keep following the World Health Organization (WHO) safety precautions, as well as reach out to the needy. “For 35 years we have lived by our motto, ‘In love serve one another,’ which is more important now more than ever.
We must continue to lean into the backbone of that collaborative partnership amid the understanding that a life of service is a life that counts. I urge you all to please reach out safely within your network to support the less privileged and the vulnerable in our society.”
“. . . And remember, life will get back to normal soon and hopefully when this experience is over, our lives will include more appreciation of our daily blessings and our relationships,” she wrote.
The school has also launched a “Window of Hope” campaign, which is meant to inspire people to send messages of love to one another during this difficult time.
The campaign asks people to decorate their home windows with hearts, messages of hope, flowers or teddies, take a snapshot of the decoration and post on social media, tagging the school’s official social media handle – @greenspringsschool; using the following hashtags #WindowOfHope and #SpreadTheLove.
- Nigerian man builds school beside his house to educate less privileged kids for free
- AIICO feeds less privileged
- Nigeria Army supports less privileged
- FoodCo extends palliatives to less privileged
- FG distributes N169m CCT to less privileged in Adamawa
- Senate President sponsors marriage of 100 less-privileged spinsters in Yobe
- Laura Ikeji Exposed Of Giving Toys Meant For Less Privileged Kids To Her Kids And That Of Linda Ikeji’s
- Blogger calls out Laura Ikeji and husband for diverting toys meant for less privileged to their kids
- Burna Boy Distributes Food Items To The Less Privileged In Rivers State – Photos
- Reno Omokri Shows Love To Muslims As He Donates Rice To Less Privileged Muslims To Break Their Fast