A socio-cultural organization, Nzuko Ukwu-La-Ngwa, has passed a vote of confidence on the Governor of Abia State, Okezie Victor Ikpeazu for his giant strides in security service delivery and especially for the creation of the ministry of homeland security, human capital development, industrial and infrastructural development of Aba in particular, and its environs.
The Abia group made its position known in a communique at the end of a Peace and Security meeting with Aba residents held at Aba Town Hall on Tuesday.
The communique was signed by Rt. Hon. Eric Acho Nwakanma, groups’ Chairman and Morgan Uto Ulunma its Secretary and made available to newsmen in Umuahia, the state capital.
Nzuko Ukwu Ukwa-La-Ngwa unequivocally frowned at the wanton destruction and the looting that took place in Aba during that infamous End SARS protest held across states of the federation.
The socio-cultural body called for a neighbourhood watch and friendliness as measures to minimize crime, improve security, greater vigilance and increased safety.
According to the communique, “In attendance during the meeting were some selected traditional rulers and prominent leaders of thoughts of Ukwa-La-Ngwa and also some selected Aba residents namely: Representatives of State, National and Town Unions; Market and Landlords Associations and Road Transport Workers Unions.
“The meeting deliberated exhaustively on security problems in Aba, especially the October 2020 End SARS protest hijacked by hoodlums that resulted in wanton destruction of public and private properties.
“Subsequently, the meeting reaches at the resolutions which partly read, We urge all organizations, associates and unions to tell the good news, assurance of peace and security of persons and properties in Aba.
“To summon peace and security meetings periodically to handle issues of common interest”.
- NYPD rescues dog from freezing Jamaica Bay waterIn USAJanuary 21, 2021It was ruff day for this pup. The NYPD Harbor Unit rescued a dog struggling to stay above water in Jamaica Bay Wednesday morning. Officers were ...[Read more]
- UK Records 1820 COVID-19 Death – The Highest In A Single DayIn WorldJanuary 21, 2021Britain’s Prime Minister Boris Johnson, Chris Whitty, Chief Medical Officer for England and Chief Scientific Adviser to the Government, Sir Patrick ...[Read more]
- This Is Why Michelle Obama And Joe Biden’s Grandchildren Are Melting Everyone’s Heart On Social MediaIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 21, 2021Former first lady Michelle Obama has warmly greeted members of Joe Biden’s family – hugging his grandchildren as she stepped onto the inaugural ...[Read more]
- “Many Of Your Friends Are Miserable Today Because They Married Quick” – Reno Omokri Warn SinglesIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 21, 2021
- Sanitizer in chief: Twitter loves the inauguration’s mystery podium cleanerIn LifestyleJanuary 21, 2021Forget Joe Biden, Kamala Harris and, heck, even Lady Gaga — the true star of the inauguration was the bespectacled man of mystery who wiped down the ...[Read more]
- ‘I Don’t Believe In House Helps’ – BBNaija’s Uriel Oputa Lament Doing Everything HerselfIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 21, 2021
- KOKOnista Of The Day: Amanda Gorman Is The Young Poet Laureate Inspiring With Her Work On Race, Feminism And African DiasporaIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 21, 2021Her art and activism focus on issues of oppression, feminism, race, and marginalisation, as well as the African diaspora. She read her poem “The ...[Read more]
- Three National Guard members killed in helicopter crash in upstate New YorkIn USAJanuary 21, 2021Three National Guard members were killed when a military helicopter crashed in upstate New York Wednesday evening, officials said. The aircraft, a ...[Read more]
- Three dead after military chopper crashes in upstate New YorkIn USAJanuary 21, 2021Three people were killed when a military helicopter crashed in upstate New York Wednesday evening, according to reports. The fatal crash occurred ...[Read more]
- Portugal sets records in one of world’s worst virus surgesIn LifestyleJanuary 21, 2021LISBON, Portugal — Portugal’s new daily COVID-19 cases jumped to more than 14,600 to set a new national record Wednesday, as the country weathers one ...[Read more]