There has reportedly been an increase in gun sales in the United States, days after the Capitol riot which has received condemnation from different corners.
US publication, TMZ reached out to gun shops in 20 U.S. cities this week and half of them reported a substantial increase in sales of firearms and ammunition since pro-Trump insurrectionists stormed the Capitol Building on January 6.
It was further gathered that the clientele has been a pretty even mix of Republicans and Democrats with different businesses reporting different tidbits of interesting info.
Paulie’s Pistols near New Orleans told the publication that its sales are up 400% this week compared to last week. While it always has a steady influx of Republican customers, the shop says this week they’ve sold to a surprising number to Democrats who purchased a firearm for the first time.
Hyatt Gun Shop in Charlotte said it completely sold out of ammo and rifles this week and has very little product left after a surge of both Republicans and Democrats coming in and stocking up. Hyatt also revealed that while Democrat customers expressed concern about the aftermath of the Capitol riots, the Republicans said they’re worried Joe Biden is going to try to take their guns away.
Shops like Ray’s Hardware & Sporting Goods in Dallas, and Ammo AZ in Phoenix said their customers told them they are buying guns to “prepare for whatever is next” after the riots regardless of their political affiliation.
The publication gave a breakdown of the sales as follows;
Shooters World in Tampa — Up 100% this week compared to Christmas week. People are buying every pistol in stock, and they’re running very low on AR’s and shotguns.
Recoil Firearms in Detroit — Up 50% this past week compared to the week before. They have sold out of Glocks and AR’s.
Ray’s Hardware & Sporting Goods in Dallas — Up 200% this week compared to the week before. People are stocking up on handguns and AR’s.
Paulie’s Pistols Gun Shop near New Orleans — Up 400% this week compared to the week before. Completely sold out of ammo. Most customers are buying handguns.
Hyatt Gun Shop in Charlotte — Sales up 20% this week compared to the week before. Sold out of ammo and rifles, and very little product left.
Ammo AZ in Pheonix — Up 50% this week compared to the week before. People are mostly buying AR-15’s and whatever ammo they can get.
Controlled Pair Munitions in Las Vegas — Up 50% this week compared to the week before. Sold out of ammo, customers mostly buying handguns and shotguns.
Mid America Arms in St. Louis — Up 20% this week compared to last week, but would be higher if they hadn’t run out of product. Sold out of ammo and most handguns.
Green Mountain Guns in Denver — Getting 100 calls a day asking about gun inventory. Currently sold out of every handgun.
Guns Direct in L.A. — Up 40% this week compared to last week. Customers buying mostly handguns.
Atlanta — No increase
Boston — No increase
Chicago — No increase
Nashville — No increase
Louisville — No increase
New York — No increase
Philadelphia — No increase
Oklahoma City — No increase
San Diego — No increase
Baltimore — No increase
- Ogun: Fulani herdsmen shoot, batter woman [VIDEO]In Local NewsJanuary 24, 2021The Commissioner, Ministry of Internal Security and Home Affairs, Kaduna State, Mr. Samuel Aruwan says bandits killed four persons in Chikun local ...[Read more]
- Chelsea vs Luton: Abramovich identifies former coach as Lampard’s replacementIn SportsJanuary 24, 2021Chelsea’s hierarchy has identified Leicester City manager, Brendan Rodgers, as a possible replacement for Frank Lampard, if he is fired, according to ...[Read more]
- Kaduna: Zangon Kataf community launches peace pactIn NewsJanuary 24, 2021The Muslim Rights Concern, MURIC, has called on the federal government to engage in dialogue and consultation over the crisis between Yoruba youths ...[Read more]
- Man Utd vs Liverpool: Solskjaer reveals player who is happy in his squadIn SportsJanuary 24, 2021Former Premier League striker, Michael Owen, has predicted Liverpool to beat Manchester United in today’s FA Cup fourth round clash. Owen, a former ...[Read more]
- Why my relationship with Mercy Eke crashed – IkeIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 24, 2021Nigerian singer, Banky Wellington, also known as Banky W has blasted the Muhammadu Buhari led administration for making citizens register for NIN ...[Read more]
- Man Utd vs Liverpool: Mark Hughes predicts FA Cup clashIn SportsJanuary 24, 2021
- Man United vs Liverpool: Michael Owen predicts FA Cup clashIn SportsJanuary 24, 2021
- Ogun: Two men arrested, beaten for alleged robbery in Abeokuta [VIDEO]In Local NewsJanuary 24, 2021The Commissioner, Ministry of Internal Security and Home Affairs, Kaduna State, Mr. Samuel Aruwan says bandits killed four persons in Chikun local ...[Read more]
- Lawmakers urge NYC to use senior centers as COVID-19 vaccination hubs for elderlyIn USAJanuary 24, 2021It’s amazing no one has thought of this before: using senior centers as vaccination hubs for the elderly. But now a group of 27 City Council members ...[Read more]
- FA Cup: Alan Smith blasts two Arsenal players after 1-0 defeat to SouthamptonIn SportsJanuary 24, 2021