Two young men identified as Joseph Davou and Jerry Bitrus have been shot dead by gunmen in Riyom Local Government Area of Plateau State.
It was gathered that the incident occurred on Sunday, January 10, at about 8:00 pm at Nod area along Hoss-Rim road in the local government.
The duo had gone to check on Joseph’s wife who delivered a baby boy at Bachi District of Riyom LGA and were going back to Kuru after community in Jos South LGA.
According to a source in the community, the gunmen who had laid siege on the road opened fire at two of them on a motorcycle, killing them instantly while other road users scampered for safety to avoid being hit.
The father of 28-year-old Joseph Davou confirmed the death of his son and the other victim, Jerry Bitrus, 32.
“My heart is sadden with the sudden demise of my son and his friend who came to check on his wife who gave birth, but couldn’t return to Kuru, where they based, all because they had confidence in security personnel of Operations Safe Haven that came on patrol from their Sector Headwaters at Hoss to Bachi,” said the distraught father, Da Davou Dantyyang.
“I cautioned them them not to go as night was fast approaching, but they insisted to go back as security agents on patrol will give them security cover to the main road, where from they would on their own proceed to Kuru…unfortunately, they were visited with untimely death at their prime age.”
Dantyang appealed to both the government and security agencies to fish out the perpetrators of the dastardly act, adding that most communities in the interior parts of Riyom local government were under siege of notorious gunmen.
The Divisional Police Headquarters of Riyom LGA confirmed the tragic incident, adding that some used shells of ammunitions have been recovered from the scene, as well as the motorcycle of the deceased.
He said their corpses were evacuated to Vom Christian Hospital from where they would be further taken to Jos University Teaching Hospital-JUTH for autopsy examination before burial which has been slated for 12th January, 2021.
- If you fall under anointing and break anything, you will pay – Pastor warns church members (Video)In GossipJanuary 27, 2021A Nigerian pastor has issued a warning to his church members who are fond of falling under the anointing and breaking church properties. In a ...[Read more]
- Nigerian woman expresses regret after finding out the baby she abandoned at age 2 is now a kingIn GossipJanuary 27, 2021A woman simply known as Ngozi has cried out in regret for treating her husband unfairly and abandoning her baby many years ago. She revealed that she ...[Read more]
- “She is a just friend” – Ned Nwoko clears the air on affair with Zambian mistressIn Celebrity NewsJanuary 27, 2021Popular politician, Ned Nwoko has cleared the air on his move to marry an eighth wife, after an alleged affair with a Zambian, Phyllis Thompson. It ...[Read more]
- Court orders final forfeiture of millions found in former Governor Abdulaziz Yariâs account to FGIn NewsJanuary 27, 2021A Federal High Court sitting in Abuja on Tuesday January 26, ordered the final forfeiture of millions found in the bank account of former ...[Read more]
- Lawmakers ask Ministry of Health to stop its plans to use N10 billion in production of COVID19 vaccinesIn NewsJanuary 27, 2021The National Assembly Joint Committee on Health has asked the Ministry of Health to suspend further actions on plans to utilize the N10 billion ...[Read more]
- Petition challenging our client’s dead-on-arrival – Lawyers for Assin North MPIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 27, 2021Lawyers for Assin North Member of Parliament(mp) James Gyakye Quayson are asking the Cape Coast High Court in the Central Region to dismiss the ...[Read more]
- EPL: Arteta gives injury updates on Partey, Smith Rowe ahead of Man Utd clashIn EPL, SportsJanuary 27, 2021Odion Ighalo, on Tuesday, paid tribute to Manchester United with a farewell letter. The Nigerian striker thanked Man United management and fans ...[Read more]
- The north became NDC when Adu Boahen said give them kerosene not electricity – John Tia recalls ’92 insultsIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 27, 2021Former Information Minister John Tia has revealed why people in the Northern part of Ghana always vote for the National Democratic Congress (NDC). ...[Read more]
- “Richest ashewo” – Bobrisky says while flaunting jewelry worth N12.4MIn Celebrity NewsJanuary 27, 2021The most talked-about male barbie in Nigeria, Bobrisky has flaunted the worth of jewelry he wore to a date worth over N12.4m. In a recent video on ...[Read more]
- Tinubu gave me N2m to fuel my car in 2009 – Yoruba activist, Sunday IgbohoIn NewsJanuary 27, 2021Popular Yoruba activist, Sunday Igboho has disclosed that he met with former Governor of Lagos state and national leader of the All Progressives ...[Read more]