By Wole Mosadomi – Minna
Gunmen have again invaded Shiroro Local Government of Niger State killing two Policemen with two Engineers of the multibillion Naira Shiroro Electricity Dam fatally injured.
Four days ago, bandits also invaded Gurmana village in the same local government leaving one person killed and two people kidnapped.
Our crime correspondent reliably learnt that the incidence occured on Friday afternoon in Kusasu in Erena District of the Local Government area of the state.
The two deceased policemen, one Inspector and a Corporal were said to have been detailed to provide security to staff of Shiroro hydro electricity dam.
The Engineers were said to be on routine maintenance work on electricity high tension along Kauore village which shares border with Birnin Gwari in Kaduna state while the gunmen descended on the policemen with the intention of kidnapping the engineers.
The policemen, however, engaged the gunmen in a fierce battle but the gunmen who outnumbered the policemen succeeded in killing two of them.
Police however succeeded in killing one of the gunmen too.
The engineers though lucky to escape being killed or kidnapped, ended up with fatal injuries sustained from the gunmen.
When contacted, the Police Public Relation of the Command, ASP Wasiu Abiodun confirmed the story saying, two policemen were missing after an encounter with some arm bandits at Kusasu Village in Shiroro local government area.
“We learnt that some bandits had an encounter with our men during which two of our men were declared missing and the two missing were among the policemen detailed to provide security to some Engineers from Shiroro hydro Electricity dam on routine maintenance work of power facilities.
According to him, “a search party has been dispatched to the village with a view to rescue the two missing officers and vowed that the gunmen will be tracked down by the Police.
Newzandar News Newzandar News News
- Gunmen allegedly kill staff of Abuja Electricity Distribution Company, injure her husband
- More garbage than water: Serbia promises clean-up of hydro reservoir
- Bandits kill policeman in Shiroro area of Niger State
- Police kill six bandits in Shiroro, Niger State
- Kaduna: Suspected gunmen kill three, injure one in Kajuru
- Gunmen kill 24, Injure Others in Kaduna Community Attacks
- Gunmen kill six, injure others in Plateau community
- Gunmen attack family, kill son, injure mother in Plateau State
- Unknown gunmen kill 2, injure 2 others in Kaduna village
- JUST IN: Gunmen kill nine, injure others in fresh Kaduna attack