A Benue driver identified as Emmanuel Oga and his pregnant second wife were reportedly shot dead by unknown gunmen along the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway.
Oga’s friend, Testimony Joel Odeh, who confirmed the incident on Tuesday, January 12, 2021, said it happened at Ogere, in the Remo area of Ogun State, off the Lagos-Ibadan highway.
It was gathered that the gunmen opened fire on the vehicle and then shot Oga and his wife, who was sitting in the front seat with him.
According to Mr Odeh, after killing the couple, the gunmen allegedly told the passengers in the vehicle that they only wanted the couple.
The remains of the couple have been deposited at the Sagamu General Hospital mortuary.
Meanwhile, some suspects have been reportedly arrested by Ogere Police Division in connection with the killings.
Read Odeh’s report below:
“My heart is broken.
This is one of the Igede best and experience Driver we ever had. Emmy.
He was shot dead along with his wife by unknown gun men at Ogere, Lagos-Ibadan expressway. Very sad.
The eyeswitness said the gunmen just went straight and shot him and his wife without any demands.
It was gathered that many people were in the bus with them but the gun men told the passengers that they mean no harm to the passengers but Emmanuel and his wife only and the gunmen departed immediately.
I learnt that investigation is in progress by the Ogere police command and Ogun state police force.
I wept again. This is one of my long time friend. We called each other on the 4th of this January while he was going to Benue. This one weak me.
Am heart broken again. But why?
- David Ntekim-Rex: Nigerians mourn tech guru killed by robbers in LagosIn Gossip, Viral NewsJanuary 18, 2021Nigerians have been mourning David Ntekim Rex, a Nigerian IT prodigy, who was been fatally shot by robbers in Lagos. It was learnt that the 22 ...[Read more]
- Court arraigns 40-year-old man for defrauding 186 personsIn Local NewsJanuary 18, 2021An Assistant Commissioner of Police, ACP Okubo Aboye, 57, and his mechanic, Niyi Ibrahim Afolabi, 39, on Monday, bagged life imprisonment for ...[Read more]
- Mohammed Kudus to stay out of Ajax matchday squads as precautionIn Ghana, SportsJanuary 18, 2021Ajax manager, Erik ten Hag, says Mohammed Kudus will stay out of Ajax matchday squads for a while because he felt a discomfort when he made a cameo ...[Read more]
- Abia NURTW Chairman debunks rumour of planned protest by unionIn NewsJanuary 18, 2021
- Shiites accuse El-Rufai of targeting Qur’anic schools, clerics in KadunaIn NewsJanuary 18, 2021
- Gov Uzodinma salutes Emeka Anyaoku at 88thIn NewsJanuary 18, 2021
- Two separate fires break out at Crown Heights churchIn USAJanuary 18, 2021Two separate fires broke out at a Crown Heights church about five hours apart overnight, officials said. The first blaze began around 7:15 p.m. ...[Read more]
- Dreams FC coach Vladislav Viric disappointed to draw at BechemIn Ghana, SportsJanuary 18, 2021Dreams FC head coach, Vladislav Viric, says he’s disappointed with his side’s 1-1 draw against Bechem United in the Ghana Premier League on Sunday. ...[Read more]
- Ekiti: ACP, mechanic bag life in jail for receiving stolen vehicle from kidnappersIn Local NewsJanuary 18, 2021An Assistant Commissioner of Police, ACP Okubo Aboye, 57, and his mechanic, Niyi Ibrahim Afolabi, 39, on Monday, bagged life imprisonment for ...[Read more]
- UBEC adopts new strategies in Basic Education in NortheastIn NewsJanuary 18, 2021The Chairman, National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), retired Brig.-Gen. Buba Marwa has promised to reposition the agency for an efficient ...[Read more]