Kennedy Osei Nyarko Member of Parliament for Akim Swedru Constituency has said that the stance of the leader of the NDC caucus Haruna Iddrisu on the use of caretaker Ministers is an indication that he hasn’t read.
Haruna Iddrisu in an interview indicated that there is nothing like caretaker Ministers.
“I have seen some ministers still hold themselves about as if they are Ministers. That is unlawful, that is illegal and unconstitutional. As we speak today, Ghana has no Ministers.
Adding that “The President got it wrong, their mandate has elapsed and until they are nominated go through vetting, secure approval of Parliament, and they cannot hold themselves as Ministers. So as far as we are concerned, there is nothing like Acting Minister and the Supreme Court does not recognize such a position”.
But reacting to this, the Member of Parliament for Akim Swedru Constituency indicated that the Presidential Transition act makes room for caretaker Ministers and that there is the need for the NDC MP to read.
He said “This morning I heard Hon. Haruna Iddrisu speak about the care taker or the acting Ministers the president has asked them to stay on the job until new Ministers are appointed. Is he saying he hasn’t read the section 14(5) Act 845 of the Presidential Transition Act, 2012 or it’s the usual effusion of propaganda? Well someone should prompt him to read the section 14(5) of the Act”.
Source: MyNewsGh.com/ Ayeh Offei-Akoto/2020
- Why rich people are more likely to socially distanceIn LifestyleJanuary 15, 2021Thanks to better health care access, job stability and a cushy home, the wealthy are socially distancing at higher rates than low-income households. ...[Read more]
- Smart collar translates dog barks into emotions, startup company saysIn LifestyleJanuary 15, 2021Now you can find out what your dog is saying when it barks — or at least, you’ll know how it’s feeling. South Korean startup Petpuls ...[Read more]
- Wayne LaPierre says NRA is leaving ‘toxic’ New York, heading to TexasIn USAJanuary 15, 2021The National Rifle Association is shotgun-divorcing New York and hightailing it to Texas, its CEO announced Friday. The gun lobby is “breaking free ...[Read more]
- Cell is not a new thing. I have been there before and I left -James Brown claps back at BobriskyIn NewsJanuary 15, 2021James Brown has responded to Bobisky’s threat to send ”him” to jail. In an apparent response to his call-out earlier today, ...[Read more]
- Queen Elizabeth’s hot grandnephew is a royal Instagram thirst trapIn LifestyleJanuary 15, 2021Hubba-hubba-ding-ding, Queen Elizabeth’s grandnephew is being crowned the hottest new workout king. Although he’s 26th in line to the British ...[Read more]
- ”Na for inside cell you go for treat that your HIV”- Bobrisky writes hours after James Brown called him out on IGIn NewsJanuary 15, 2021Bobrisky has reacted to his call out by crossdresser, James Brown aka ‘They Didn’t caught me.’ Earlier this evening, James called ...[Read more]
- Feds seize tens of thousands of fake N95 masks at JFK AirportIn USAJanuary 15, 2021Federal authorities seized tens of thousands of knock-off N95 masks at JFK airport, officials said Friday. U.S. Customs and Border Protection ...[Read more]
- Cops make arrest in hammer attack of NYC subway riderIn USAJanuary 15, 2021Cops have collared a suspect in the hammer attack of a straphanger in a Manhattan subway station, police said. Jose Moreno, 47, was arrested Friday ...[Read more]
- Workaholics at a greater risk of depression, study findsIn LifestyleJanuary 15, 2021If you are a workaholic, depression or a lack of sleep could be in the offing, according to a new study. The International Journal of ...[Read more]
- Video captures man smashing MTA bus windshield with scooterIn USAJanuary 15, 2021A man smashed the front windshield of a Bronx MTA bus with a scooter, new video released by police shows. Video released late Thursday shows ...[Read more]