Member of Parliament for Akyem Swedru Kennedy Osei Nyarko has asked Ghanaians not to mark Hawa Koomson for her lack of control over the English language.
According to him, ones lack of control over the English Language which is the official language for conducting business in Ghana cannot be used in measuring the person’s intelligence.
“Do not make a mistake and measure ones intelligence based on the person’s level of fluency or command on the queens language. Intelligence is not synonymous with ones ability to speak good English. A person’s commitment and sustained perseverance to make a difference are what matters most. I have decided to make this post because this is a long held views of many that once a person is not able to speak fluently in English it means that person is either hopeless or unintelligent. This is an erroneous view or perception,” he said in a post shared on Facebook.o
Hon. Mavis Hawa Koomson came under severe criticism for her lack of control over the English Language while answering questions when she faced the Appointments Committee of Parliament earlier today.
Social Media users expressed shock at her performance with many calling on the Appointments Committee not to approve her appointment because she is an apology of a Minister-designate.
Source: MyNewsGh.com/ Ayeh Offei-Akoto/2021
- Abia Govt warns against planned rival cult war in Umuahia, othersIn Local NewsFebruary 26, 2021The Abia State Government has warned against launching of rival cult clash allegedly being planned by the Vikings and Black Axe confraternity in some ...[Read more]
- Seriously Raining Babies! Actor Alesh Sanni Welcomes 1st Child With FianceeIn Celebrity News, Entertainment, Nigeria NewsFebruary 26, 2021<!– Seriously Raining Babies! Actor Alesh Sanni Welcomes 1st Child With Fiancee It is raining somewhat heavily in the entertainment ...[Read more]
- 181 AK-47, 1525 live ammunitions, 64 magazines recovered from bandits – Zamfara GovtIn Local NewsFebruary 26, 2021A student of the University of Ibadan, Emmanuel Odetunde who was abducted on Monday, has been released by his abductors. DAILY POST reported that ...[Read more]
- Lives of Gospel artistes not a benchmark for morality – Celestine DonkorIn Entertainment, GhanaFebruary 26, 2021“Agbebolo” hitmaker and multiple awards winner, Celestine Donkor says the lifestyle of gospel artistes in Ghana shouldn’t be the benchmark for ...[Read more]
- We don’t need to accept LGBT rights and sick mindedness in Ghana – Kweku FlickIn Entertainment, GhanaFebruary 26, 2021Young Ghanaian Hip-Hop artiste, Kweku Flick known in real life as Andy Osei Sarfo has added his voice to the current debate surrounding the advocacy ...[Read more]
- Hundreds of air travellers stranded as Airport staff strike hits hardIn Business, Ghana, NewsFebruary 26, 2021Domestic air travellers are stranded at the various airports in the country following the withdrawal of services by the staff of the Ghana ...[Read more]
- Gospel music should be centred on the word of God and not trends- AkuBlessIn Entertainment, GhanaFebruary 26, 2021‘Mema Wo Din So’ hitmaker, AkuBless known in real life as Harriet Akua Agyeiwaa says gospel music in Ghana shouldn’t be about what’s trendy and ...[Read more]
- KiDi reveals the only condition that will compel him to do a collabo with GuruIn Entertainment, GhanaFebruary 26, 2021Highlife singer and songwriter, Dennis Nana Dwamena better known as KiDi has finally responded to the quest by hiplife artiste, Guru to do a collabo ...[Read more]
- BREAKING News: Red Friday as 16 people dead in Accra-Kumasi road accident this dawnIn Ghana, NewsFebruary 26, 2021Sixteen(16) persons are feared dead after two Grindbird Kia buses collided head-on at about 1am on Friday February 26, 2021. Several persons are also ...[Read more]
- Four suspected vandals arrested for stealing MTN solar inverter batteries in EnuguIn NewsFebruary 26, 2021Police operatives in Enugu State have arrested four suspects over vandalism and theft of MTN solar inverter batteries. Spokesperson of the ...[Read more]