Activated charcoal is different from the charcoal we use at home for cooking.
Both are derived from carbon, but activated charcoal has many more applications than regular charcoal because it is more porous. It’s larger surface area allows it to filter out more toxins than regular charcoal alone can.
It’s an odorless black powder composed of carbon-based compounds, such as sawdust, coconut shells, or peat that have been ‘activated,’ or heated at high temperatures to make them more porous.
It’s used to detoxify the body- meaning the physiological or medicinal removal of toxic substances from a living organism, including the human body, which is mainly carried out by the liver. The best part is activated charcoal is not expensive and can be obtained at some herbal shops across the country. When ingested, activated charcoal can trap toxic substances in the gut, and thus prevent their absorption into the body.
Health personnel have realized the efficacy of activated charcoal in modern times and for this reason it’s being added to detox drinks, toothpaste, skin-care products, and even cocktails and ice cream in foreign countries.
Let’s now look at some of its immense benefits:
The ingredient in activated charcoal has the ability to trap toxins in the gut, it can be useful in emergencies to treat drug overdoses and poisonings. According to my research to back this writeup, many people don’t show symptoms until at least two hours after ingesting a toxin, which means most of the toxin has likely already been absorbed or moved into the intestine.
Activated charcoal has the ability to heal wounds when it is used in wound dressings. Activated charcoal and silver helped purge harmful fluids and toxins from chronic venous leg ulcers, helping them heal.
If your kidney is failing or probably under a lot of ‘pressure’, activated charcoal is the right medicine for you. It may help eliminate waste products like urea from the kidneys, and thus benefit people with chronic kidney disease, who can’t remove these waste products as effectively as people with healthy kidneys. Additionally, older people with end-stage renal disease saw a significant decrease in blood urea and creatinine levels after taking 30 g of activated charcoal per day in combination with a low-protein diet for 10 months.
Research suggests activated charcoal may offer relief from excessive gas. A small study published in the International Medical Journal found that activated charcoal effectively reduced gas and bloating in men with and without excessive gas. A panel of the European Food Safety Authority ruled that there’s enough evidence to support the use of activated charcoal for excessive gas, and recommends taking at least 1 g about 30 minutes before a meal, as well as 1 g after the meal.
Because activated charcoal traps toxins in the gut, it may work to prevent diarrhea-causing bacteria and drugs from being absorbed into the body.
- Kemi Olunloyo Warns Regina Daniels To Take Her Son Off Instagram (Video)In Celebrity NewsNovember 27, 2020Kemi Olunloyo has taken to social media and issued a warning to Regina Daniels to take her son off social media. According to the Controversial ...[Read more]
- VIDEO: John Mahama Angrily Sacks NDC Man From His Campaign Rally For Overblowing A VuvuzelaIn GhanaNovember 27, 2020The Flagbearer of the National Democratic Congress (NDC), John Dramani Mahama, got angrily and frustrated during one of his campaign rallies. – ...[Read more]
- Actor, Bolanle Ninalowo Puts His Expensive Garage On DisplayIn Celebrity NewsNovember 27, 2020A life well lived by Nollywood actor, Bolanle Ninalowo, has seen him owned expensive properties as he flaunts the least he can. – Advertisement ...[Read more]
- The Lovely Moment Rudeboy Visited Regina Daniels And Her Husband, Ned Nwoko (Video)In Celebrity NewsNovember 27, 2020Rudeboy has taken to social media to share a lovely video of himself with the Nwoko family looking all happy when he visited them. Paul Okoye, known ...[Read more]
- BBNaija: “Pls Stop Showcasing Fake Nyash” – Nengi Blasted Over Her Sense Of Fashion (Video)In BBNaija, Celebrity NewsNovember 27, 2020Former Big Brother Naija housemate, Nengi, has ‘chopped’ a ‘stray bullet’ from an angry fan over a video someone posted. Nengi An Instagram blogging ...[Read more]
- BBNaija: Leo DaSilva Reveals Why Men Don’t Get Excited About Their Birthdays Like WomenIn Celebrity NewsNovember 27, 2020BBNaija star, Leo DaSilva, has divulged reasons why men do not exaggerate and get more excited about their birthdays than women. He disclosed this in ...[Read more]
- VIDEO: Two Okada Riders And Two Men Fight In The Middle Of The Road In AccraIn GhanaNovember 27, 2020A video of two Okada riders and two men fighting in the middle of a highway in Accra has gone viral on the internet. – Advertisement – ...[Read more]
- Uche Maduagwu Settles Davido and Burna Boy Supremacy Contest; Burna Boy Reigns (Photos)In Celebrity NewsNovember 27, 2020Nollywood actor, Uche Maduagwu, has unilaterally settled the supremacy contest organized by Nigerians between their two A-list artistes, Davido and ...[Read more]
- Martin Amidu Angrily Fires Back And Exposes President Akufo-Addo And The NPP GovernmentIn GhanaNovember 27, 2020The former Special Prosecutor, Martin Amidu, has angrily fired back and exposed President Akufo-Addo and his NPP government in reaction to their ...[Read more]
- Martin Amidu Says President Akufo-Addo Is The “Mother Serpent Of Corruption”In GhanaNovember 27, 2020Former Special Prosecutor, Martin Amidu has dropped a 27-page response to President Akufo-Addo‘s reaction to his corruption allegations in his ...[Read more]