Hilarie Burton is ditching the hair dye during quarantine for a symbolic reason.
In an emotional Instagram post on Tuesday, the former “One Tree Hill” star, 37, shared a close-up look at her natural gray hair. “The ‘silver lining’ is literally growing out of my skull,” she began her caption.
“For all of our frontline and essential workers who are too busy to fuss with things like hair color, I grow mine out in solidarity with you,” Burton continued. “When I see it, I’m reminded of all you’re doing to keep us safe. I’m reminded that you deserve to be taken care of.”
The actress added that she’d rather use her days stuck at home for something more productive.
“I’m reminded that any spare time I have shouldn’t be spent on vanity, but rather on helping our heroes,” she wrote. “I can make 5 masks in the time it would take me to dye my hair.”
Continued Burton: “It’s a small, silly symbol. Gray hair. Who cares, right? But I hope the nurse or the vet or the store clerk who is feeling tired and overwhelmed knows that it’s a visible thing I can show that says ‘I’m with you.’ #stayhome #protectourhealthcareworkers #protectouressentialworkers”
Stars showed their support in the comments. “Beautiful words and love the grays,” Rumer Willis wrote, while Kate Walsh described her friend’s sprouting grays as a “halo.”
- Hilarie Burton lets her gray hair grow out in solidarity with frontline workers
- Hilarie Burton lets her gray hair grow out in solidarity with front-line workers
- Hilarie Burton was ‘severely depressed’ after first miscarriage
- Chad Michael Murray Sends Birthday Love To ‘OTH’ Star Hilarie Burton – Newzandar
- Ozzy Osbourne lets hair go gray
- 9mobile in solidarity visit to Covid-19 frontline health workers
- With Your Hair Like This, Family Planning Is Cancelled – Ozo Praises Nengi’s Hair (Video)With Your Hair Like This, Family Planning Is Cancelled – Ozo Gushes Over Nengi’s Hair (Video)
- Meghan McCain shows off her ‘quarantine witch gray hair’ roots
- Sharon Osbourne on her new gray hair: ‘I’ve got nothing to prove’