Hollyoaks actress, Rachel Adedeji has accused the TV show of racism behind the scenes while reacting to its ‘disappointing’ stance on the Black Lives Matter movement.
The British-Nigerian actress, who plays Lisa Loveday on the Channel 4 soap, was reacting to a video posted by the show which involved actress Kelle Bryan addressing the movement’s issues.
Posting to her Instagram Stories and Twitter, Rachel, 28, condemned the show, writing: “I am disappointed with Hollyoaks’ approach to showing solidarity with the Black Lives Matter movement yesterday.’
The former X Factor contestant and mother of one also went on to detail a list of slurs and racial injustices she claims were happening on set.
She wrote: ‘Did Black Lives Matter when I was told ”You’re all the same” by a makeup artist you employed, and remains in employment till this day?
‘Did Black Lives Matter when a number of female black actors were forced to drastically change their hair because if not, the viewers ”would not be able to tell them apart”?
See her full post below.
- Hollyoaks actress, Rachel Adedeji accuses the show of racism behind the scenes as she slams its response to the Black Lives Matter movement
- Hollyoaks actress, Rachel Adedeji accuses the show producers of racism
- Hollyoaks actress, Rachel Adedeji quits the show after 4 years amid racism rowÂ
- Rachel Dolezal, who posed as black, ‘vindicated’ by Black Lives Matter movement
- “Black Is Evil, Africans Should Stop Claiming To Be Black” – Pastor Oyakhilome Berates Black Lives Matter Movement
- London financial district asks if it should remove statues linked to slavery in response to the Black Lives Matter movement
- The Bachelor’: Producers Are in Talks With Rachel Lindsay After She Called the Franchise out for Its Lack of Diversity
- Black Lives Matter mural near Chicago defaced, changed to read ‘All Lives Matter’
- ‘Lucifer’ Executive Producers Share Plans for Black Lives Matter Episode
- Fashion and beauty brands donating to the Black Lives Matter movement