Imo State Governor, Hope Uzodinma has taken a swipe at the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) in his reaction to the defection of his Ebonyi counterpart, Umahi, to the All Progressives Congress (APC).
He spoke with reporters after a meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari at the State House, Abuja.
The former Senator said politicians who decide to remain in the opposition will be ‘hungry’.
The governor said anyone who believes in Nigeria and has a pan-Nigeria attitude should “go for a national party”.
“If you are not with the national party, and you choose to be in opposition, of course, you will continue to fast until God answers your prayers.”
Uzodinma further highlighted the benefit of being in the platform controlling the centre.
“What it will take us to solve certain problems may be different from what it will take somebody who is not very close to the source of authority to solve his problems.”
He insisted that there is no comparison in what people in the opposition and those in the ruling party will get.
The Imo helmsman urged Igbos to see reason and join the APC.
He expressed optimism that more stakeholders in the region will get on board, disclosing that they have been convincing people to do so.
- Accra: Kia truck grinds Military man in gory Sunday accident; driver bolts!In Ghana, NewsJanuary 17, 2021A Military personnel belonging to the Southern Command has been crushed to death in a gory accident. According to report from the Ghana Police ...[Read more]
- Ofosu Ampofo lacing his boots to contest for NDC’s 2024 flagbearership – Gabby hintsIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 17, 2021A leading member of the New Patriotic Party (NPP) Gabby Asare Otchere-Darko has hinted of the NDC’s National Chairman’s decision to contest for the ...[Read more]
- Akufo-Addo names two ‘new’ faces, Fawaz & Adumuah as Deputy Chiefs of Staff as Frema staysIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 17, 2021Reports reaching MyNewsGh.com indicates that the President of Ghana intends to maintain Frema Opare as his Chief of Staff for the second term. The ...[Read more]
- Anambra schools to reopen Monday, classes to commence Feb 1In Education, NewsJanuary 17, 2021Professor Maimuna Waziri has emerged as the 3rd Vice Chancellor of the Federal University, Gashu’a, Yobe state. Waziri, a Professor of Chemistry beat ...[Read more]
- Lawan congratulates new Vice Chancellor of Federal University GashuaIn NewsJanuary 17, 2021
- Hints drop as Akufo-Addo delivers ‘very serious’ address today over spike in COVID-19 casesIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 17, 2021The President of Ghana Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo is expected to address the country today on measures taken to address COVID-19 in the country. The ...[Read more]
- Ex-Nigerian envoy Bolere Ketebu dies, Buhari reactsIn NewsJanuary 17, 2021
- 2021 budget: National Assembly asked to stop Buhari govt from selling national assetsIn NewsJanuary 17, 2021
- I interned in Trump’s White House – am I now unemployable?In LifestyleJanuary 17, 2021I worked in the White House as an intern last year. With the threats to blacklist Trump supporters, should I leave this experience off my résumé? ...[Read more]
- Clear communication skills can breed success – how Toastmasters can helpIn LifestyleJanuary 17, 2021Spend 10 minutes with 31-year-old Olya Johnson and you’ll find it hard to believe that Russian is her native language. Software designers such as ...[Read more]