The Minister of Interior, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola has celebrated his wife on her 60th birthday by revealing how their love story began.
In an article, Aregbesola stated that he met his wife, Iyaafin Sherifat Abidemi, 30 years ago while he was a youth corper in Kaduna State.
Read his post titled ‘My Angel Is 60’:
My sojourn in Kaduna in the 1980s, first for my youth service and later for a paid employment, will remain ever memorable. This is because it was there that I found the love of my life, Iyaafin Sherifat Abidemi Aregbesola.
I was a dashing young man with long hair and ideological fire burning in my soul. I had been caught in the throes of the ideological fervour of the time. I left The Polytechnic Ibadan fired with idealism and was prepared to change the world.
People of my generation actually were fiercely nationalistic. They wanted the best for the country and at the same time were globalist. Our vision was not just for Nigeria; we wanted a world devoid of injustice, inequality, poverty, diseases and other afflictions of humanity.
Kaduna too was a hotbed of activism and provided a natural habitat for me. I was therefore too serious to have any social life. All that would soon change.
It started 39 years ago when I daily secretly admired a damsel in front of her residence on Ibrahim Taiwo Road, in Tundun-Wada, Kaduna. Strangely, it appeared this fine young lady was always there whenever I passed by on my way to my own residence in Dustima Road, Tundun-Wada in the same Kaduna.
Then, the courage to get down from the commuter bus failed me most of the time to engage her. Towards the end of the service year, I eventually mustered the will to so do. However, I left the state soon after.
Providence smiled on me when the defunct Nigeria External Telecommunications (NET) Ltd, offered me employment same year and deployed me to Kaduna, to join in the construction, commissioning and operation of the second satellite telecommunication gateway, in Kujama, Kaduna.
On my return to Kaduna, I did not waste any time in re-engaging with the young beautiful lady that had greatly attracted my admiration and interest. The rest they say is history.
We married in 1983, and the union is marvellously blessed with good children and a paradise of a home. I cannot have a better life partner. My wife is my companion, adviser, guide, protector, teacher, lover and manager.
She is a resourceful mother to the children and a worthy matriarch of the family.
Over the years I can say without equivocation that it was an angel that came my way in 1981, who I tied the nuptials with in 1983. Her love for me is total and unquenchable.
She was tailor-made for me. I believe the feeling is mutual. By the grace of God, she has been a worthy companion and assistant in my journey of life. She has filled me with laughter and joy and she is worth more than the entire world to me.
I am grateful to Allah SWT for His mercy on the union and my darling wife for her huge sacrifice to manage me over the years. My heart is filled with praise to the Most High for the blessing of an angel He brought my way.
As she celebrates her diamond jubilee with our country, Nigeria, I wish her more grace, good health, long and fulfilled life as I equally wish Nigeria peace, progress and success in the process of nation building.
Sixty is a remarkable landmark. She has matured in every way and mastered the art of being a good wife and mother. But she is still as beautiful and appealing to me as she was 39 years ago.
Darling, happy birthday and many happy returns.
- Billionaire Son kiddwaya reveals Where He Will Be Spending His Holidays NextOctober 31, 2020Former BBNaija housemate Kiddwaya has been noticed in an previously post on Instagram, geared up to go to the united states for holidays abroad. In ...[Read more]
- Wizkid fans blast Davido for congratulating Wizkid over ‘Made In Lagos’ album, See whyOctober 30, 2020Wizkid fans have taken to social media to tear Davido apart for congratulating their king over his ‘Made In Lagos’ album. Davido has congratulated ...[Read more]
- Wizkid Overlooks Davido’s tweet, Acknowledges Burna Boy, Yemi Alade, othersOctober 30, 2020Starboy Wizkid has again overlooked DMW boss, Davido’s show of love on social media. It should be recalled that earlier today, Davido took to ...[Read more]
- Popular Singer, Tiwa Savage Ignores Wizkid’s Newly Released Album, Made In LagosOctober 30, 2020Popular Singer, Tiwa Savage has ignored Wizkid’s newly released album, Made In Lagos. Starboy had on Friday released his long-anticipated ...[Read more]
- Wizkid’s MIL album will make our population increase, Says Footballer, Asisat OshoalaOctober 30, 2020Nigerian female footballer, Asisat Oshoala has showered acclaims on the superstar, Wizkid on the recently delivered album, Made In Lagos. The Super ...[Read more]
- Davido Compliments Wizkid On His New Album, Made In LagosOctober 30, 2020DMW boss, Davido has complimented Starboy Wizkid on his new collection, Made In Lagos, which dropped today, October 30. This is coming after one of ...[Read more]
- Apologize to Nigerians, Georgina Onuoha blast Desmond Elliot over the social media regulation sagaOctober 30, 2020Georgina Onuoha has angrily descended on Desmond Elliot over the social media regulation saga, after she was informed that, Desmond has already ...[Read more]
- Avoid the temptation of replying everything online, Zubby Micheal advises fansOctober 30, 2020Popular Nollywood actor Zubby Michael has taken to his social media page to caution all those who comment online adding that they would soon be ...[Read more]
- World Health Organisation insist hooligans attacked one of its offices in Nigeria on ThursdayOctober 30, 2020The World Health Organisation has said in a statement that some hooligans attacked one of its offices in Nigeria on Thursday, 29th October 2020, and ...[Read more]
- Desmond Elliot allegedly fathered a child with another woman without his wife’s knowledge, See details hereOctober 30, 2020Popular Nigerian actor and politician Desmond Elliot has allegedly fathered a child with another woman without his wife’s knowledge. Rumours ...[Read more]