Governor Hope Uzodinma of Imo State has said that he is not the first electoral candidate to be favored by a Supreme Court judgment, adding that those referring to him as supreme court governor are ignorant, Uzodinma said while speaking on Channels Television on Friday.
Recall that the apex court had on January 14 removed Emeka Ihedioha of the Peoples Democratic Party on the ground that he did not score the lawful majority votes in the election.
The removal of Ihedioha attracted grievance within the state which resulted in people referring to Hope Uzodinma as supreme court governor.
Reacting to this, Uzodimma said, “It is the height of ignorance because they don’t know what they are saying. There is a reason for the Supreme Court.
“In the doctrine and principle of democracy, the law expected that there would be grievances and malpractices in the electoral process.
“When this happens, the only legitimate right you have is to seek redress at the court and of course, the court determines.
“Remember that this is not the first time, so many elections had held where the candidates went to court and they got justice. So, why will mine be different?
“Human beings voted and the votes were not counted.
“I went to the Supreme Court and INEC was unable to explain why they did not enter the results. It was a simple judgment. The Supreme Court said INEC was wrong.”
- Watch Davido Cruising A 15 Million Naira Can-AM Spyder F3 Trick (+Video)October 28, 2020In an ongoing video, Davido was spotted cruising a 15 Million Naira Can-AM Spyder F3 Trick. It would appear that the Musician is attempting to ...[Read more]
- See The Top 10 World Richest Actors 2020October 28, 2020It’s a well known truth that Hollywood and Bollywood are the top film industry in the world known for delivering the best movies as well as ...[Read more]
- ” Why are you hiding your shoe?” – Netizen asks Ozo After He Shared A PhotographOctober 27, 2020Ex Big Brother Naija housemate, Ozo shared a photograph on his Instagram page which didn’t show his shoes. Shockingly enough, that was what one ...[Read more]
- For The First Time Lagos State Judicial Panel Start Probing ProcessOctober 27, 2020The Nigerian legal board set up to enquire into police brutality for the first time today. The present sitting was pointed toward distinguishing ...[Read more]
- The Alafin of Oyo blames President Buhari over the Lekki toll gate shootingOctober 27, 2020Speaking at stakeholders meeting at the House Of Chiefs, the Alafin of Oyo blamed the events of 20th October on the president. According to him, his ...[Read more]
- FIFA President, Gianni Infantino tests positive for for CoronavirusOctober 27, 2020Unfortunate news coming out of the world of football has confirmed that the president of the world’s governing body for soccer has contracted ...[Read more]
- Pastor Enoch Adeboye Declares 30 days days of fasting and prayer to pray for the nationOctober 27, 2020Senior Pastor of Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCGG), Pastor Enoch Adeboye has declared 30 days of fasting and prayer for its members. Pastor ...[Read more]
- BBNaija Dorathy signs an ambassadorial deal with a herbal cosmetic company vspbotanicsOctober 27, 2020Former Big Brother Naija has signed an ambassadorial deal with a herbal cosmetic company vspbotanics. She informed her followers about the good news ...[Read more]
- Popular Nigerian comedian, Crazeclown bless God for suriviving a fatal accidentOctober 27, 2020After surviving what seemed like a fatal accident, the popular Nigerian comedian, Crazeclown is offering heartfelt thanks to God. Retelling his story ...[Read more]
- Dino Melaye has taken to social media to raise an alarm that a group of thugs are heading for his houseOctober 27, 2020Nigerian politician and senator, Dino Melaye has taken to social media to raise an alarm that a group of thugs are heading for his house. Taking to ...[Read more]