Senate President Ahmad Lawan has explained why he didn’t occupy the position in 2015.
The number three citizen who addressed newsmen during his 62nd birthday anniversary in Abuja on Tuesday January 12, said he never occupied the position because it was not God’s time.
Lawan further stated that he worked with former senate president Bukola Saraki for the good of Nigerians in spite of losing out.
“In 2015, you will recall when I wanted to be senate president, and God in his wisdom decided, No. You are not going to be. Someone else will be. Then of course senator Saraki became the president of the senate.
“We believe in God. We worked together in the senate for the benefit of our people and when in 2019, God said it is time, guess what? 109 senators have the same mindset, the same attitudinal disposition to making Nigeria better, to working with the executive arm of government for the betterment of our country.”
Lawan also averred that the senate under his leadership and national assembly at large have discharged their duties very well.
“This is an opportunity for me to commend very distinguished senators for being very patriotic all through to ensure that the last one and half years of our activities in the senate, the senate has introduced so much good things into the system.”
- Never refer to any man of God as your ‘spiritual father’ – Evangelist Papa SheeIn Entertainment, Ghana, NewsJanuary 27, 2021Veteran Highlife musician, Evangelist Papa Shee originally known as Nana Yaw Akosah has revealed on Cape Coast-based Kastle FM 90.3MHz monitored by ...[Read more]
- Stop blaming me for bad roads in Ashanti Region, blame Akufo-Addo govt for not releasing money – WontumiIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 27, 2021Road projects in the Ashanti Region have been stalled as a result of the unavailability of funds from the Central Government contrary to earlier ...[Read more]
- You’ll continue to inspire generations of Ghanaians – John Mahama eulogizes RawlingsIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 27, 2021Former President of Ghana John Dramani Mahama has said that the memory of Jerry John Rawlings countless of generations of Ghanaians. Final burial ...[Read more]
- Reflect on how best Cecilia Marfo’s message can help you – Joyce Blessing toldIn Entertainment, GhanaJanuary 27, 2021Ghanaian male vocalist, Krymi born Henry Nuamah has added his voice to the controversial ongoing bizarre saga between Joyce Blessing and Cecilia ...[Read more]
- Rawlings: An Ewe man’s funeral ‘sadly’ dominated by Akan culture – Social media users lamentIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 27, 2021Gender activist and feminist Felicia Nelson has stated that the funeral of President Jerry John Rawlings should not have been dominated by Akan ...[Read more]
- Celebs must unite and beat up some foolish bloggers who write fake news-Criss Waddle rallies colleaguesIn Entertainment, Ghana, NewsJanuary 27, 2021Entertainer and financial muscle behind the AMG Business Criss Waddle have suggested that celebrities need to come together to beat one Ghanaian ...[Read more]
- Get smart Personal Assistants who respect party footsoldiers – Kofi Ofosu Nkansah to new ministersIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 27, 2021Chief Executive Officer of the Accra Digital Centre, Kofi Ofosu Nkansah has appealed to ministers-designate for Education, Health, Interior and ...[Read more]
- 6 âwitchesâ arraigned in Yola court over health of 3-year-old girlIn NewsJanuary 27, 2021Six self-confessed ‘witches’ have been arraigned before a court in Yola, Adamawa state capital over the failing health of a 3-year-old ...[Read more]
- Shatta Wale reacts to reports that he’s sacked BulldogIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 27, 2021Dancehall artiste Shatta Wale has denied reports suggesting that he has sacked his Manager Bulldog. There were reports suggesting that the biggest ...[Read more]
- Young genius makes electronic toy car out of fruit drink box and straw (Video)In GossipJanuary 27, 2021A talented young boy has become the star attraction online after a video surfaced of his innovative creation. The little lad has made an electronic ...[Read more]