Former Minister of Employment and Labour Relations, Ignatius Baffour Awuah has told the Appointments Committee of Parliament that he does not readily have the breakdown of some three million, Eight Hundred thousand jobs he had claimed the government of the New Patriotic Party (NPP) created.
He however promised to make the details of the jobs created between 2017 and 2020 by the Akufo-Addo-led administration to Parliament later.
This came to light as he took his turn to be vetted by the Appointments Committee of Parliament following his re-nomination as Minister of Employment and Labour Relations by President Akufo-Addo.
Mr Baffour Awuah had said in 2020 that the NPP government under the leadership of President Akufo-Addo had got three million Ghanaians who had been unemployed employment. His claim was met with doubt by many observers who challenged him to provide the breakdown of the sectors and the persons employed.
At his vetting today, he maintained that his claim was true but failed to give the details immediately, asking that he be given time to submit the details
Hon. Ignatius Baffur Awuah who is also the Member of Parliament(MP) for Sunyani West in October last year had said the description of some jobs by the NDC as unsustainable is flawed, because all those beneficiaries, though they may not be receiving payment through the formal sector, are assured of income at the end of every month.
He said as the Employment Minister, he can account for about 3.8 million jobs created under the Akufo-Addo Administration.
“I’m saying that a lot of the jobs are not even on our radar because we are not able to capture them but those that we have been able to track, I’m telling you we have about 3.8 million jobs; exactly, that is what I can account for”, he affirmed.
- EPL: Mark Lawrenson predicts Chelsea vs Everton, Man City vs Man UnitedIn EPL, SportsMarch 7, 2021Former Liverpool player, Mark Lawrenson, has predicted Manchester City to beat Manchester United at the Etihad Stadium on Sunday evening. Lawrenson ...[Read more]
- Israel Adesanya vs Jan Blachowicz: All you need to know about UFC fightIn SportsMarch 7, 2021
- EPL: De Bruyne explains what made him dump ChelseaIn EPL, SportsMarch 7, 2021Manchester City star man, Kevin De Bruyne has explained why he decided to leave Chelsea in 2014. The Belgium International said he felt there was no ...[Read more]
- “I would love to marry older woman” – Actor Wole OjoIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentMarch 7, 2021Popular On-Air Personality, OAP, Ifedayo Olarinde, a.k.a Daddy Freeze, has been fined the sum of N5 million by a High Court sitting in Port Harcourt, ...[Read more]
- Top Albany leaders silent as Cuomo accusers reach fiveIn USAMarch 7, 2021Top leaders in Albany remained silent late Saturday as two more women stepped forward to claim Gov. Andrew Cuomo had behaved inappropriately toward ...[Read more]
- Champions League: Micah Richards names club that will win trophyIn SportsMarch 7, 2021
- Serie A: Ronaldo fires blank as Juventus thrash LazioIn SportsMarch 7, 2021
- Obaship tussle: Gunshots, injuries rock Ogun community, six arrestedIn Local NewsMarch 7, 2021The police in Ogun State have arrested six persons for allegedly unleashing terror on Ikenne Remo area of Ogun State. The fracas, police said, ...[Read more]
- New Yorkers head to Times Square for first ‘movie date night’ amid COVIDIn USAMarch 7, 2021Love — and the smell of popcorn — was back in the air at Times Square Saturday, as couples enjoyed their first “movie date night” in a year. “It was ...[Read more]
- Two more women accuse Gov. Andrew Cuomo of inappropriate behaviorIn USAMarch 7, 2021Two more women came forward Saturday to accuse Gov. Cuomo of sexually harassing behavior, including a former press aide who describes struggling to ...[Read more]