Queen Anuoluwapo Adenike, one of the young queens of the Alaafin of Oyo has spoken out on her marriage to the elderly king.
In her chat with BBC, the political science student said that she hears a lot on social media about being a young woman married to an elderly man with many wives.
According to her, she is contented and at peace with where she is and being a member of the Alaafin of Oyo’s queens.
“What we hear on social media is a lot but what I will say is that the head does not know where the leg is going. One does not know what one’s destiny is. You may have your plans and God has another and God’s works are mysterious,” she said.
The mother of two noted that a woman may marry a young man and he collapses and dies after some years. She also stated that another woman can also get married to a young man and they live long together.
According to her, everything depends on the grace of God, which she says that she received by marrying the Oyo monarch.
“I have the right to make any choice. I cannot lack a mother and not have a husband who will give me peace. I am at peace with where I am. The Alaafin of Oyo gives me everything I want. People just like to talk about a person who has the grace of God upon their lives,” she said.
She added that she would like to tell people to make proper findings before they talk about others.
“I’m not saying people shouldn’t talk but for me, I don’t regret the decision of marrying the Alaafin because I have everything I want and God is helping me,” she said.
- Gunmen kidnap Deputy VC , Prof FatokunIn NewsJanuary 19, 2021The Nasarawa State Police Command, on Tuesday, confirmed the abduction of Prof. Johnson Fatokun, by gunmen suspected to be kidnappers. Fatokun, the ...[Read more]
- COVID-19: Sanwo-Olu sends message to students yet to return to schoolsIn COVID-19, NewsJanuary 19, 2021
- Covid: UK Records Highest Daily Death Ever With 1,610 DeathsIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 19, 2021Britain’s Prime Minister Boris Johnson, Chris Whitty, Chief Medical Officer for England and Chief Scientific Adviser to the Government, Sir Patrick ...[Read more]
- NIN registration: FG announces new deadlineIn NewsJanuary 19, 2021
- Singer Omawumi Debunks Pregnancy RumorIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 19, 2021Popular Nigerian singer Omawumi Megbele with stage name Omawumi has cleared the air on pregnancy rumors. The speculation began when the music diva ...[Read more]
- Police dog TikTok star walks out of hospital after near-fatal shootingIn LifestyleJanuary 19, 2021Every dog has his day. Woofing up a whopping 5.2 million likes on TikTok, K-9 Officer Arlo was afforded a howling hero’s welcome as he walked ...[Read more]
- Previous COVID-19 infection may offer less protection from new variantIn LifestyleJanuary 19, 2021JOHANNESBURG – Previous infection with the coronavirus may offer less protection against the new variant first identified in South Africa, scientists ...[Read more]
- NIN Holders Rise To 47.8 Million- FGIn Local NewsJanuary 19, 2021The Federal Government has announced that a total of 47.8 million NINs had been collected by the mobile operators, as it expressed hopes that more ...[Read more]
- COVID-19: WHO panel indicts UN agency, ChinaIn COVID-19, News, WHOJanuary 19, 2021
- COVID-19: Stay at home, Wike directs levels 1-13 civil servants in RiversIn COVID-19, NewsJanuary 19, 2021