The suspected mastermind of the abduction of students of Government Science Secondary School, Kankara, Katsina State, Auwal Daudawa, has said he led the operation because the state governor, Bello Masari, dared his men.
Recall that on December 11, 2020, over 300 schoolboys were abducted from their school, hours after President Buhari arrived the state for a private visit. The students regained their freedom after spending a week in captivity. The Zamfara state governor, Bello Matawalle, had said the boys were rescued through the help of Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria (MACBAN) and that no ransom was paid.
On Monday, February 18, Daudawa and five of his lieutenants surrendered 20 AK 47 rifles, ammunition and a rocket-propelled grenade (RPG) launcher to the Zamfara state government. Read here.
In an exclusive interview with Daily Trust, Daudawa said he wanted to prove to the government that he had the capacity to carry out such an attack. He said Masari had ruled out the option of dialoguing with his group and he wanted to show the governor that they were capable of causing violence.
“I have never done that kind of mass abduction in Zamfara. I did that in Katsina because the governor came out to say he will not dialogue again with our people. So, we said since they said they were not interested in peace deal and they were sending military jets to torment our people, and destroy what we had, we should take the battle to those who are not interested in peace.
I did that to demonstrate that I had the capacity to do it and I was not afraid of anybody other than Allah. It was for the government, and the whole world to know that we could do it but were hitherto not interested in something like that.”
Daudawa also denied claims that he and other members of his group collected ransom for the release of the boys He dared anyone with a contrary claim to come forward with proof.
“After the abduction you could see that I was not difficult to come around during talks because I did not do it because of money. If it were for money, I would not have released them even for N2 trillion. The whole world knows, if I was given money it would be known, if I was not given it is also known. It cannot be hidden.”Daudawa said
- Council Speaker Corey Johnson running for city comptrollerIn USAMarch 1, 2021Council Speaker Corey Johnson is throwing his hat in the ring to run for city comptroller, The Post has learned. Johnson declined to run for mayor ...[Read more]
- Emma Corrin, Josh O’Connor win Golden Globes as ‘The Crown’s’ Diana, CharlesIn LifestyleMarch 1, 2021Princess Diana and Prince Charles were king and queen of the 2021 Golden Globes. Both Emma Corrin, who plays the late Diana, and Josh O’Connor, who ...[Read more]
- Twitter wonders if Jason Sudeikis was high for Golden Globes award speechIn LifestyleMarch 1, 2021It was an emotional high for “Ted Lasso.” Jason Sudeikis, star and creator of AppleTV+ breakout comedy “Ted Lasso,” clearly didn’t expect to win a ...[Read more]
- Nancy Pelosi calls sexual harassment claims against Cuomo ‘credible’In USAMarch 1, 2021House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Sunday said the sexual harassment allegations against New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo are “credible.” The California ...[Read more]
- Golden Globes finally faces lack of black members in HFPA after backlashIn LifestyleMarch 1, 2021Amy Poehler and Tina Fey got straight to the point. During the 2021 Golden Globes broadcast, the co-hosts and former “SNL” queens immediately ...[Read more]
- Kate Hudson sparks backlash for ‘Music’ during the 2021 Golden GlobesIn LifestyleMarch 1, 2021For Kate Hudson, a mostly-at-home 2021 Golden Globes ceremony proved a blessing in disguise. The actress, who is nominated for best actress – motion ...[Read more]
- Amy Poehler and Tina Fey bash HFPA in Golden Globes 2021 monologueIn LifestyleMarch 1, 2021“And this is the 78th annual Hunger Games,” Amy Poehler joked during the monologue at the 2021 Golden Globes, addressing a crowd of first responders ...[Read more]
- How To Remove Dark Spots On Your Face In 3 DaysIn ArticleMarch 1, 2021This article is originally posted on Proven Skincare. If you’ve got dark spots, age spots or acne scars on your face—whether from sun damage, ...[Read more]
- Two more packed illegal clubs busted by NYC sheriff’s deputiesIn USAFebruary 28, 2021Two massive illegal gatherings were shut down in New York City on Sunday — with sheriff’s deputies booting hundreds of partygoers out onto the street ...[Read more]
- NYC lobbyists still make bank despite COVID-19 pandemicIn USAFebruary 28, 2021The Big Apple’s lobbying industry proved to be nearly pandemic-proof last year despite the COVID-19 outbreak that ravaged New York City, new records ...[Read more]