Embattled former chairman of the defunct Pension Reformed Task Team (PRTT), has appealed to Justice Okong Abang of the Federal High Court, Abuja, to grant him bail as he stands the risk of getting his leg amputated due to his failing health condition.
Maina through his lawyer, Sani Katu SAN, made the appeal at the resumed hearing of his trial today February 19.
Katu told the court that his client was taken to the University of Abuja Teaching Hospital, Gwagwalada, because of his worsening health condition and the medical report was exhibited in the bail application.
The lawyer said Maina’s leg might be amputated as the Kuje Correctional Centre where he is being held does not have the facility to attend to his state of health.
Maina who is standing trial for an alleged N2 billion fraud, had on January 20, approached Justice Abang for another bail after his arrest for jumping the first bail.
- Dad who wrote scathing letter to Brearley about race focus: ‘Someone had to’In USAApril 17, 2021A father fed up with an elite Manhattan prep school’s heavy-handed focus on race won’t re-enroll his daughter in the fall, accusing the school of ...[Read more]
- Random ‘sucker-punch’ assaults leave frightened NYC residents on edgeIn USAApril 17, 2021An Upper West Side man is cold-cocked in Chelsea. An unhinged stranger throws a roundhouse at a woman outside a subway station on the Upper West ...[Read more]
- New York’s COVID-19 hospitalizations, positivity rate dropsIn USAApril 17, 2021The number of New Yorkers hospitalized with COVID-19 continues to sink, along with the state’s positivity rate, Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced Saturday. ...[Read more]
- Colleagues demand justice in death of pregnant lawyer Adaeze IkpeamaIn Local News, NewsApril 17, 2021Madonna University Alumni Association (MUAA) has expressed shock and remorse over the demise of Adaeze Destiny Ikpeama. The deceased, a member of the ...[Read more]
- FA Cup: Guardiola defends Man City’s team selection after 1-0 defeat to ChelseaIn SportsApril 17, 2021Manchester City manager, Pep Guardiola, has defended his team selection following a 1-0 defeat to Chelsea in the FA Cup semi-final on Saturday. ...[Read more]
- Police busts teenage robbery gang in LagosIn Local NewsApril 17, 2021Armed men suspected to be killer herdsmen, have butchered a family of four and three other residents of Mbamondu community, Modern Market Council ...[Read more]
- FA Cup: Guardiola gives reasons why Chelsea beat Man City in semi-finalIn SportsApril 17, 2021Alan Shearer and Ashley Cole have hailed Timo Werner’s performance, in Chelsea’s 1-0 win over Manchester City in the FA Cup semi-finals. Werner ...[Read more]
- I sacrificed my parents for Biafra, I will sacrifice everything – Nnamdi Kanu vowsIn Biafra, NewsApril 17, 2021The high cost of food and the intense heatwave has made the 2021 Ramadan fast most difficult according to Zamfara residents. The rise in temperature ...[Read more]
- FA Cup: Alan Shearer, Ashley Cole name Chelsea player who made Man City struggleIn SportsApril 17, 2021Chelsea players are shocked with the manner with which manager Thomas Tuchel has gradually dumped Tammy Abraham out of the squad, the Telegraph ...[Read more]
- Michael Rapaport on his famous feuds with Kevin Durant, Barstool Sports & moreIn LifestyleApril 17, 2021Michael Rapaport has been in more than 100 movies and TV shows, but he’s made a second career out of trash talk. He’s been in beefs with — to name a ...[Read more]