Seyitan Babatayo has asked for ‘peace’ as she released a statement after dismissing her rape petition against singer D’banj citing personal reasons.
Seyitan released her statement in response to a statement released by the human rights group, Stand To End Rape Initiative (STER), that has been trying to get justice for her.
In a statement released after Seyitan dismissed her petition, STER accused activist Segun Awosanya, aka Segalink of attempting to “pervert justice” in the case between Seyitan Babatayo and D’banj.
Reacting to STER’s statement, Seyitan cleared Segalink of trying to pervert justice.
In her words: “It was my family members and I that did resolve to and subsequently contacted @Segalink to facilitate a meeting with D-banj’s team for a resolution of the issue and as I did not intend to continue with this contention.”
See the statement she shared on Twitter below ;
Thank you so much pic.twitter.com/E5vQpL7NaU
— Aunty Seyitan (@seyitannn_) July 24, 2022
- “I want my peace,” Seyitan Babatayo says as she releases statement after dismissing her petition against D’banj
- Nigerians react to Seyitan Babatayo’s statement alleging Dbanj arrested, intimidated & bragged to her over rape allegations
- “I was arrested by police officers pretending to be delivery agents” D’banj’s rape accuser Seyitan Babatayo releases statement as she addresses all that has happened since she came out with her claim
- “I Want My Peace”- Seyitan Babatayo Says After Dismissing Rape Accusations Against D’banj
- Alleged Rape: Dbanj’s Rape Accuser, Ms. Seyitan Babalola releases a press statement
- D’banj rape saga: Seyitan reveals reason for withdrawing petition against artist
- Dbanj Rape Allegation: IGP orders probe of Policemen who arrested Seyitan Babatayo
- Dbanj Cleared Of Rape Charges As Seyitan Babatayo Withdraws Allegation (photo)
- “They came under the pretence of delivery Agent, I wa detained in a cell like a Criminal”– D’Banj’s rape accuser, Seyitan finally breaks silence, releases new statement revealing all that has happened since she accused him of rape
- Seyitan Babatayo drops rape case against D’Banj