Rev. Fr. Augustine Ashigabu, a Catholic Priest in Nasarawa State, has narrated his ordeal in the hands of his abductors.
He was kidnapped on April 7 and regained his freedom on April 9.
The cleric told Newzandar News in Garaku on Wednesday that he was kidnapped along Keffi-Gudi-Akwanga road of Nasarawa State.
The Vice Principal of St. Peter’s College, Garaku, in Kokona LGA, thanked God for his safe release.
Ashigabu also thanked his parents, friends and Nasarawa State Government for their efforts.
He said: “I was kidnapped on Tuesday, 7th April, 2022, between 7.30 pm and 8 pm when I was returning from Akwanga just before Government Secondary School Gudi, and released on the 9th of April, 2022, at about 10 pm.
“I heard voices, then the passenger vehicle turned backward and when I beamed my light, I saw six men all carrying guns and shooting and shouting that I should stop.
“I quickly placed my car on park light on the road without putting off the engine nor the lights. They came pointing guns at me and asking me to come down from the vehicle, this I did and laid flat on the road.
“They held my hand and began to run into the bush. On the second day, April 8, they gave me garri, soaked with sugar and at about 11 p.m, they gave me bread and a bottle of coke.
“On the third day, April 9, 2022, at about 5 pm, they gave me cooked food brought in a leather bag. But we drank more of water which they fetched from water cluster in the farms we passed through.”
The priest said that ransom was paid before he was released, but declined to disclose the amount.
“I know some money was paid but I do not know how much. I was neither told by my captors nor my parents,” the cleric added.
- I survived with ‘Garri and bread’ – Catholic priest narrates ordeal in kidnappers’ den
- Three Oyo Travellers Land In Hospital After Ordeal In Kidnappers Den
- Our ordeal in Edo kidnappers’ den, by septuagenarian
- Rivers: Emenike recounts 11-day ordeal in kidnappers’ den
- Nollywood actor, Mr. B, narrates his escape from kidnappers’ den
- Kidnapped Port Harcourt-Based Lawyer, Bisola Ajayi Narrates How She Was Nearly Killed In Kidnappers’ Den
- Kidnappers raped me repeatedly and forced my brother to have sex with me – 20-year-old kidnap victim narrates ordeal
- Kidnapped priest narrates ordeal in hands of abductors