Helen Prest Ajayi has spoken for the first time after the commotion that played out at her husband, Dr Oluwatosin Ajayi’s funeral.
The 68-year-old, who died on April 26, 2020, was laid to rest on Feb 11 at the Ebony Vault in Ikoyi, Lagos.
Unfortunately, when it was time to pour sand on his grave, a disagreement broke out as an officiating minister said the children of Dr Ajayi’s first wife, Oluwayemisi Ajayi would pour sand on the coffin after their mother and before his widow Helen Prest Ajayi.
This led to a misunderstanding as it was argued that Helen Prest Ajayi should be the next to pour sand on the body after the deceased’s first wife.
According to reports, court rulings had decreed that both wives should be given equal rights throughout the burial ceremony.
All was going well at the funeral until the pastor of Shepherdhill baptist Church, Israel Kristilere, said that after the first wife has finished pouring dust, her children would go next.
This caused a commotion between both parties at the graveside and ended with the first wife’s children forcefully dragging the shovel from Helen Prest-Ajayi.
Reacting, Helen Prest-Ajayi narrated on Feb 17, how she was accused by her husband’s older children and their mother of murdering her late husband.
She added that she was dragged to Panti police station and then dragged to court.
She said she’s thankful to God for delivering her from the false accusations, adding that this is the last time she will speak on the matter.
She wrote on Facebook:
This is the first day of Lent a time for spiritual healing and cleansing. This will be my last word on this matter.
It was never my wish to talk about the passing of my late husband Dr Tosin Ajayi on social media, despite the fact that during this 10 month period, from his death on April 26th 2020, I was accused of murdering him by his adult children and their mother, after spending 42 days in St Nicholas Hospital Lagos, by his bedside and dragged to Panti police station, then to Coroners court and then to High court.
I am thankful that God delivered me from all these false accusations and gave me victory to bury my late husband in the manner he deserved.
I want to express my gratitude to those men and women of God praying with me during these trying moments. I am also grateful for the unflinching support of my family and friends all over the world, who stood by me, even the “Aprokos” propagating me to stardom.
Throughout this 10 month period my sole focus and objective was to ensure that I gave my late husband a befitting burial in accordance with his status as an Icon in the healthcare field in Nigeria, which I am happy I achieved in his honour. Love is at the heart of everything in life. For God is love and Love is God.
Swipe below for the funeral video.
- Don Jazzy laments over high number of celebrities in NigeriaIn Celebrity NewsFebruary 25, 2021Nigerian music executive and producer, Don Jazzy has taken to social media to lament over the skyrocketing number of celebrities in Nigeria. The ...[Read more]
- Nkechi Blessing Sunday leaks her chat with Bobrisky as they continue dragging each otherIn Celebrity NewsFebruary 25, 2021Nollywood actress, Nkechi Blessing Sunday has leaked her chat with controversial crossdresser, Idris Okuneye a.k.a Bobrisky. The duo have been ...[Read more]
- Cuomo health chief deflects nursing home deaths to COVID-19 battleIn USAFebruary 25, 2021New York state’s embattled health commissioner on Thursday publicly pleaded with his critics to tone down their attacks on him and Gov. Andrew Cuomo ...[Read more]
- Yemi Alade is a village girl – Singer Dencia firesIn Entertainment, GossipFebruary 25, 2021Cameroonian-born singer and entrepreneur, Reprudencia Sonkey, popularly known as Dencia, has taken a swipe at Nigerian singer, Yemi Alade. The singer ...[Read more]
- Comedian, MC Casino erects gigantic mansion 6 years after he was ridiculed by estate agentIn Celebrity NewsFebruary 25, 2021Nigerian Comedian, MC Casino has recently showed off the gigantic mansion he erected after being ridiculed by an estate agent 6 years ago. According ...[Read more]
- Gunmen kill 4 policemen in Cross RiverIn Local NewsFebruary 25, 2021A 38-year-old man, Idowu Odedoyin has been arraigned before an Ile-Ife Magistrates’ Court for allegedly abducting a 4-year-old boy. The accused ...[Read more]
- Nigerian comedian, Mc Casino builds a house six years after being mocked by a house agentIn Entertainment, GossipFebruary 25, 2021Nigerian comedian and event compere, MC Casino is reeling in following his new found status as a home owner. According to the comic star, he just ...[Read more]
- NYPD Chief Terence Monahan to serve as senior city adviser after retiringIn USAFebruary 25, 2021NYPD Chief Terence Monahan will serve as a senior adviser at City Hall after he retires as the department’s top uniformed cop, Mayor Bill de Blasio ...[Read more]
- Crook carrying bouquet of flowers robs Bronx cell phone store: copsIn USAFebruary 25, 2021A man carrying a bouquet of flowers strolled into a Bronx cell phone store — shoved an employee and then ripped off $16,000 from an unlocked safe, ...[Read more]
- Donald Trump’s tax returns are now in the hands of the Manhattan DAIn USAFebruary 25, 2021Former President Donald Trump’s tax returns and related records have been turned over to the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office as part of a ...[Read more]