Regional Minister-Designate for the Oti Region Mr Joshua Makubu has expressed shock at his nomination as a Regional Minister.
According to him, he never knew the President would have considered him for a Ministerial position.
However, he believes that he is prepared to serve his country and will be diligent and perform with the kind of confidence reposed in him.
Addressing the media on his nomination, Mr Joshua Makubu said “It was a shock to me when I heard the announcement. I did not know I was going to be made a Minister. I know I can serve my country and government, but I did not know I would be given a Regional Minister and I am equally prepared and up to the task”.
Meanwhile, the President prior to the announcement of the nominee said in a statement which was signed by the Acting Director of Communications for the Presidency said “On Wednesday, 20th January, and Thursday, 21st January, President Akufo-Addo held one-on-one meetings with the Ministers-Designate, as well as his first-term Ministers who will not transition into the new government, to break the news to them”.
“To the Ministers-Designate, President Akufo-Addo congratulated them on their nominations, and expressed his expectation that they will be promptly approved by Parliament, to allow them to start work forthwith. To the former Ministers, the President assured them possible roles to be played in the larger government structure, and wished them the best of luck in their future endeavours.”
Source: MyNewsGh.com/ Ayeh Offei-Akoto/2021
- Happy FM’s DJ Adviser Reported DEADIn EntertainmentMarch 4, 2021Sad news coming in this morning has it that Happy FM’s DJ Adviser is dead and this was confirmed on the Facebook page of Kwame A-Plus. Kwame A-Plus ...[Read more]
- Nigerian woman turns down opportunities to move to US, Canada, two European countriesIn GossipMarch 4, 2021A Nigerian woman, Alexandra Tchomte has shared the story of how she rejected pleas and requests for her to travel overseas, because of her love for ...[Read more]
- Super Eagles might travel by boat for AFCON qualifier against Benin RepublicIn SportsMarch 4, 2021Amaju Pinnick, the president of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), has said they are yet to decide if the national team will travel by boat for ...[Read more]
- I enjoy abusive relationships – Woman tells shocking storyIn Ghana, NewsMarch 4, 2021A woman whose name is not given has told SVTV that she enjoys being in abusive relationships. According to her, she got used to abuse in ...[Read more]
- EPL: Thomas Tuchel names player to miss Liverpool vs Chelsea gameIn EPL, SportsMarch 4, 2021Chelsea manager, Thomas Tuchel, has insisted that he and Liverpool manager, Jurgen Klopp, are “not half as close as everybody thinks”. Tuchel and ...[Read more]
- Soloti Gaming Limited Announces Entry into Nigeriaâs Gaming Industry, Promises best Betting ExperienceIn NewsMarch 4, 2021The management of Soloti Gaming Limited, a new investor in Nigeria’s fast-growing gaming industry has announced its entry into the gaming ...[Read more]
- Jubilation as woman welcomes triplets after nine years of marriageIn GossipMarch 4, 2021A Nigerian woman has finally been blessed with triplets after waiting for nine years to have a child. A LinkedIn user identified as Dr Ken G Morka ...[Read more]
- Update: Two children reunited with their families after they were thrown out by their aunt in CalabarIn NewsMarch 4, 2021The two children rescued after they were driven out of the house by their aunt in Cross River state, have been reuinted with their families. ...[Read more]
- Why, is ‘our’ nationality also under question? – Dafeamekpor seeks answersIn Ghana, NewsMarch 4, 2021Member of Parliament for South Dayi Constituency, Rockson-Nelson Etse Kwami Dafeamekpor has questioned why there are always issues with ...[Read more]
- Liverpool vs Chelsea: Thomas Tuchel downplays comparison with KloppIn SportsMarch 4, 2021Chelsea manager, Thomas Tuchel, has insisted that he and Liverpool manager, Jurgen Klopp, are “not half as close as everybody thinks”. ...[Read more]