Yomi in a long post that garnered a lot of reactions on social media urged queer youths to embrace their truth and identity while commending his boyfriend for showing him so much love and support.
Read his post below;
”It’s been 29 years of highs, lows,learning and most importantly growth.
To think 9 years ago i was in a really dark place in my life, praying for God to deliver me of homosexuality because i was made to believe my very being as unnatural and a sin. I prayed, fasted and even attempted to take my own life when i released nothing had changed. Thank God, i’m no longer that person but the reality is, there are millions of LGBTIQ+ persons in church/ religious institutions who are very afraid to live authentically and do not have the kind of privilege that i now have. I receive messages from young queer people across the world (including those from my former church and Alma mater) these are individuals who are struggling with their identity and have no one to talk to about it. Those who have made the mistake of opening up have been subjected to conversion therapy. Sharing my story has not been easy but at this stage of my life, It’s extremely important continue to share my truth.. because for 20-50 deaths i receive, there’s always one or two queer person who’s lived experience is validated by my visibility. These people keeps me going. So, to every single person like me wherever you are or however you identify, please know that you’re loved and there nothing wrong with you. You didn’t create yourself and the earlier you love and accept yourself, the better. Thank you all so very much for the sweet messages.. the DMs, the IG stories, the twitter posts, what-app messages, Facebook posts and phone calls.. I see them and i appreciate.”
- I Was Made To Believe That Being Gay Is A Sin -Pastor Turned LGBGQ Activist Reveals
- I Used To Believe Being Gay Was A Sin – Nigerian Pastor
- ‘You Can’t Pray The Gay Away’ – Youth Pastor On The Loose As He Has Turned LGBTQ Activist
- You can’t pray the gay away — Nigerian gay and LGBTQ activist who was once a youth pastor writes
- God never said being gay and lesbian is wrong – Media personality, Somizi’s husband Mohale counters claim of homosexuality being a sin in the Bible (video)
- ‘You Should Be Ashamed Of Your English’ – Gay Activist, Bisi Alimi Replies Man Who Shamed Him For Being Gay
- Reno Omokri condemns Pentecostals who tear down pastors caught in sin as he compares them to Catholics who see priests caught in sin as “wounded soldiers who need protection”
- God never said being a Gay or Lesbian is a Sin – Motaung (video)
- Doyin Okupe vehemently supported the Anti-gay law in 2014. Now his son is gay – LGBT activist, Pamela Adie says
- Doyin Okupe Vehemently Supported The Anti-gay Law In 2014. Now His Son Is Gay – LGBT Activist, Pamela Adie