Pastor Enoch Adeboye of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) has told those who bashed him over his birthday message to his wife, Foluke last Monday, July 13, not to bother with the criticism as his message was for his children and not for them.
The 78-year-old clergyman was attacked last week after he shared his birthday message to his wife of 52 years. In the post, the clergyman listed the things his wife has done for him and still does that has made their marriage work and appealed to ladies to learn from her. He said she is a submissive woman who still cooks and serves his meals, and looks after his welfare.
He was seriously bashed by some Nigerians who accused him of making the birthday post about him instead of just celebrating his wife.
This morning, he reacted to the backlash. While delivering his sermon titled “From lockdown to lifting up” on July 19, the clergyman said only his ”children” would understand his comment.
“As a matter of fact, if there is a way of preaching this sermon just to my own children alone, that is what I would have done.
Not because I’m selfish but occasionally there are things you say to your children that would annoy outsiders. And you keep on saying, but I am not talking to you, I am talking to my children. But now, the lockdown has made the door open to everybody.
Some people see the glory but don’t know the story. Some people see me and say all kinds of things. It’s none of my business.
I don’t need to answer you. I just need to keep on riding high with my king. I’m talking to my children, so others should not be angry with me. Before you take off, consider your landing.” he said
Source: Linda Ikeji’s Blog
- ”I Wasn’t Talking To You, I Was Talking To My Children”- Pastor Adeboye Replies Critics Over His Birthday Message To Wife
- ”I wasn’t talking to you. I was talking to my children” – Pastor Adeboye responds to critics of his birthday message to his wife
- ”I wasn’t talking to you. I was talking to my children” Pastor Adeboye respond to critics of his birthday message to his wife
- ”I wasn’t talking to you. I was talking to my children” – Pastor Adeboye replies those who criticized his birthday message to his wife
- Pastor Adeboye Replies Critics Of His Birthday Message To His Wife
- Pastor Adeboye passionately kisses his wife as he celebrates her on her 72nd Birthday – Watch as Pastor Adeboye’s wife kneels before him for prayers (VIDEO)
- I’m Talking To My Children, So Don’t Be Angry With Me – Pastor Adeboye To Critics
- I’m talking to my children, not you – Adeboye fires at critics
- Evangelist Bamiloye reacts to backlash Pastor Adeboye received for his birthday message to his wife
- Youths who are single and searching are insulting a man that has been married for 52 years – Evangelist Bamiloye reacts to backlash Pastor Adeboye received for his birthday message to his wife