Member of Parliament(MP) for Akim Swedru and former Deputy Agric Minister Kennedy Osei Nyarko has asked members of the New Patriotic Party(NPP) fighting for appointments to reject the offer from the President if they cannot use their position to support others.
Several individuals are lobbying for Ministerial appointments and other influential positions in the President’s second term in office of President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo.
The grassroots of the New Patriotic Party (NPP) complained vehemently about the arrogance of appointees in the party’s first term and the party was punished.
Reacting to the several lobbying currently ongoing on social media, the former Deputy Minister said it’s imperative that positions on earth are used to influence the lives of the people for better.
To him, if individuals thinks that he/she cannot use the position got for the general good of the public, it’s imperative that they do not accept the appointment at all.
The Member of Parliament who made this known in a post shared on Facebook post sighted by MyNewsGh.com said “If you cannot use your position or appointment to help others, then just quit it or do not accept the appointment in the first place. God did not give you such position for your own benefits and that of your family and friends only”.
Source: MyNewsGh.com/ Ayeh Offei-Akoto/2021
- Judge drops case against homeless woman who stole USPS truck in BrooklynIn USAJanuary 17, 2021A Brooklyn judge dismissed the charges against the homeless woman who took a stolen US Postal Service truck on a joyride Friday and left “vehicular ...[Read more]
- Amosun, Akinlade mourn Martins-KuyeIn NewsJanuary 17, 2021Former Ogun State Governor, Sen. Ibikunle Amosun and a governorship candidate, Hon. Adekunle Akinlade has sympathised with the family of a late ...[Read more]
- COVID-19: Lagos govt gives update on academic schedule for public, private schoolsIn COVID-19, NewsJanuary 17, 2021Former Ogun State Governor, Sen. Ibikunle Amosun and a governorship candidate, Hon. Adekunle Akinlade has sympathised with the family of a late ...[Read more]
- Former NYS Dem Party head gets vaccinated — in FloridaIn USAJanuary 17, 2021It’s all going south. A former head of New York Democratic Party has already received his first dose of the coronavirus vaccine — no thanks to Gov. ...[Read more]
- Starbucks shuts down several Manhattan stores over possible protestsIn USAJanuary 17, 2021Several Starbucks stores across Manhattan shuttered Sunday amid fears of protests, the company said. The coffee-chain giant cited possible ...[Read more]
- NYC families say DOE dropped French dual-language program at last minuteIn USAJanuary 17, 2021The city Department of Education abandoned a fledgling French dual-language program at the 11th-hour last week after stonewalling parents for months, ...[Read more]
- Four reportedly killed, residents desert community as cultists clash in BakassiIn Local NewsJanuary 17, 2021Two cemetery guards were on Sunday arrested by men of the Ondo State Security Network Agency, otherwise known as Amotekun Corps for alleged ...[Read more]
- NY man busted for alleged role in Capitol riot — after outing himself onlineIn USAJanuary 17, 2021A New York man has been arrested for his alleged role in the deadly US Capitol invasion — after posting an image of the mob to Instagram with the ...[Read more]
- Ex- Oyo Amateur Boxing Chair, Opaleye is deadIn SportsJanuary 17, 2021A former Chairman, Oyo State Amateur Boxing Association, Mr. Akintunde Opaleye is dead. DAILY POST gathered that Olaleye died on Sunday at the ...[Read more]
- Arsenal vs Newcastle: Gunners give injury updates on Martinelli, TierneyIn SportsJanuary 17, 2021Arsenal manager, Mikel Arteta, will have Gabriel Martinelli and Kieran Tierney available for Monday night’s Premier League game with Newcastle. ...[Read more]