Manchester United striker, Odion Ighalo has stated he is a fulfilled football player, after his lifelong dream of playing for Manchester United came to pass.
Ighalo, who has not featured for the club this year, also revealed he is open to joining America’s football league, the MLS and even namedropped David Beckham’s Inter Miami as a possible destination as he beats the end of his Manchester United contract.
The Nigerian striker is due to return to Shanghai Shenhua at the end of the month, a year after being surprisingly signed by premier league leaders, Manchester United.
The 31-year-old scored five goals for United in the second half of the 2020-19 campaign, despite mainly being used as a substitute.
Edinson Cavani’s arrival at Old Trafford on a free transfer saw the Nigerian frontman fall out of favour, with the 31-year-old only managing four appearances in all competitions so far this season.
Despite his lack of game time, he says playing for United has been the pinnacle of his career and that he will look back on his time at Old Trafford with great pride and a huge sense of achievement.
“It was a good one and a tough one, before I came to United I never thought I would play,” he said to ESPN.
“I’m a Reds fan.
“If you ask anybody where I grew up, we fight because of Manchester United. We quarrel and argue. So when my team didn’t do well they would start to insult and argue with me and I cried. I can tell you I’m the happiest man on earth for my dream to come true, I fulfilled my dream.
“I remember the night my agent called me to tell me Manchester United wanted me, it was 10 or 11pm. Shanghai time. I was under my bed naked, I didn’t sleep until daybreak.
“I don’t care about a pay cut, I just want go to Manchester United because this is my dream. I was under my bed shivering and walking around my room and I did not sleep until 6am.
“I’m fulfilled as a football player, if I don’t achieve anything from now when I finish my career I am fulfilled.”
Speaking about his next destination, he said;
“I have been watching MLS and the league is doing well and I would like to play in the MLS,” the Shanghai Shenhua loanee told ESPN.
“I have to wait for offers and if the opportunity arises, I will take it because the league is doing well and it is a good life and I would love it.
“Lots of players go there. Even Gonzalo Higuain from Juventus is there, also Giovanni dos Santos. Why not? I would like to go there if an opportunity arises. Being an experienced player, going there, doing well. It is an opportunity if it comes for me.
“The David Beckham club [Inter Miami] is growing, so if an opportunity arises why not?”
- Cuomo: De Blasio, NYPD owe New Yorkers apology over handling of protestsIn USAJanuary 15, 2021Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Mayor Bill de Blasio and the city’s police officials need to apologize to New Yorkers over charges they violated the civil ...[Read more]
- Capitol rioter from upstate NY smoked ‘victory’ cigar during siege, feds sayIn USAJanuary 15, 2021A reported former US Marine from upstate New York fired up a “victory” cigar after breaking into the US Capitol last week — and was part of a ...[Read more]
- Why rich people are more likely to socially distanceIn LifestyleJanuary 15, 2021Thanks to better health care access, job stability and a cushy home, the wealthy are socially distancing at higher rates than low-income households. ...[Read more]
- Smart collar translates dog barks into emotions, startup company saysIn LifestyleJanuary 15, 2021Now you can find out what your dog is saying when it barks — or at least, you’ll know how it’s feeling. South Korean startup Petpuls ...[Read more]
- Wayne LaPierre says NRA is leaving ‘toxic’ New York, heading to TexasIn USAJanuary 15, 2021The National Rifle Association is shotgun-divorcing New York and hightailing it to Texas, its CEO announced Friday. The gun lobby is “breaking free ...[Read more]
- Cell is not a new thing. I have been there before and I left -James Brown claps back at BobriskyIn NewsJanuary 15, 2021James Brown has responded to Bobisky’s threat to send ”him” to jail. In an apparent response to his call-out earlier today, ...[Read more]
- Queen Elizabeth’s hot grandnephew is a royal Instagram thirst trapIn LifestyleJanuary 15, 2021Hubba-hubba-ding-ding, Queen Elizabeth’s grandnephew is being crowned the hottest new workout king. Although he’s 26th in line to the British ...[Read more]
- ”Na for inside cell you go for treat that your HIV”- Bobrisky writes hours after James Brown called him out on IGIn NewsJanuary 15, 2021Bobrisky has reacted to his call out by crossdresser, James Brown aka ‘They Didn’t caught me.’ Earlier this evening, James called ...[Read more]
- Feds seize tens of thousands of fake N95 masks at JFK AirportIn USAJanuary 15, 2021Federal authorities seized tens of thousands of knock-off N95 masks at JFK airport, officials said Friday. U.S. Customs and Border Protection ...[Read more]
- Cops make arrest in hammer attack of NYC subway riderIn USAJanuary 15, 2021Cops have collared a suspect in the hammer attack of a straphanger in a Manhattan subway station, police said. Jose Moreno, 47, was arrested Friday ...[Read more]