Cops in India want covidiots to come to grips.
Officers in Chandigarh have started to employ a bizarre new crime-fighting contraption to safely round up coronavirus lockdown violators — a giant set of tongs attached to a 5-foot pole.
A video demo shows a cop putting the tong-like contraception around a volunteer, locking the circular end around his waist and extending the pole to keep a safe distance.
“Great equipment, great drill!!!” the force’s Director-General of Police tweeted, hailing the “unique way of tackling non-cooperating corona suspects and curfew breakers.”
The demo was widely applauded — but also called “appalling” by critics, with one asking, “Ever heard of something called ‘human dignity’?”
Chandigarh, the capital of the states of Haryana and Punjab, has been declared a containment zone with a strict curfew imposed on the city.
- Indian cops use giant ‘tongs’ to nab people breaking coronavirus lockdown
- Hunters nab four bandits, destroy Indian hemp farm in Kogi
- Hunters Nab Bandits Who Turned Kogi Forest Into Indian Hemp Farm
- “Why are so many men like this?” – Maiduguri-based Indian researcher narrates how an Indian man came to her hotel at midnight
- Tech giant Tencent in talks to create $10bn streaming giant
- ‘I Didn’t Call Myself African Giant’ – Burnaboy Reveals Who Prophesied He Will Become African Giant (VIDEO)
- Indian holy man who claimed he could perform ‘COVID exorcisms’ by kissing people’s hands, has died of Coronavirus after infecting 20 people
- Indian city Chennai reimposes lockdown amid flurry of new coronavirus cases — Newzandar
- Coronavirus spreads among Indian Police enforcing lockdown
- Granny helps cops nab looter who tried to climb in her window