Screenshot from accident scene video
Four persons including an infant died when a mini truck rammed into a bus along Asaba-Ibusa -Warri road, Delta state on Thursday.
The Sector Commander, Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) in the area, Mr Uchechkwu Wihioka, who confirmed the incident in Asaba, said that the accident which occurred at about 8.30 a.m, was as a result of break failure.
The FRSC boss noted that 16 persons, six male adults and 10 female adults were involved in the accident. Four persons and an infant died instantly while the rest passengers sustained some injuries.
“The crash involved a mini truck with registration number ABH-534XA and a bus with registration number AJL-551YQ. The brake of the mini truck failed, the driver lost control of the vehicle and rammed into the bus,” he said.
He said the injured had been taken to the hospital before the arrival of FRSC rescue team. While wishing the injured quick recovery and condoling with the families of the dead, Wihioka urged motorists to ensure regular maintenance of their vehicles.
“Driver need to ensure that their vehicles meet the minimum safety standards before putting it on the road to avoid crashes on our roads.” he stated.
Photo credit: Vanguard
- Israel Adesanya vs Jan Blachowicz: All you need to know about UFC fightIn SportsMarch 7, 2021
- EPL: De Bruyne explains what made him dump ChelseaIn EPL, SportsMarch 7, 2021Manchester City star man, Kevin De Bruyne has explained why he decided to leave Chelsea in 2014. The Belgium International said he felt there was no ...[Read more]
- “I would love to marry older woman” – Actor Wole OjoIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentMarch 7, 2021Popular On-Air Personality, OAP, Ifedayo Olarinde, a.k.a Daddy Freeze, has been fined the sum of N5 million by a High Court sitting in Port Harcourt, ...[Read more]
- Top Albany leaders silent as Cuomo accusers reach fiveIn USAMarch 7, 2021Top leaders in Albany remained silent late Saturday as two more women stepped forward to claim Gov. Andrew Cuomo had behaved inappropriately toward ...[Read more]
- Champions League: Micah Richards names club that will win trophyIn SportsMarch 7, 2021
- Serie A: Ronaldo fires blank as Juventus thrash LazioIn SportsMarch 7, 2021
- Obaship tussle: Gunshots, injuries rock Ogun community, six arrestedIn Local NewsMarch 7, 2021The police in Ogun State have arrested six persons for allegedly unleashing terror on Ikenne Remo area of Ogun State. The fracas, police said, ...[Read more]
- New Yorkers head to Times Square for first ‘movie date night’ amid COVIDIn USAMarch 7, 2021Love — and the smell of popcorn — was back in the air at Times Square Saturday, as couples enjoyed their first “movie date night” in a year. “It was ...[Read more]
- Two more women accuse Gov. Andrew Cuomo of inappropriate behaviorIn USAMarch 7, 2021Two more women came forward Saturday to accuse Gov. Cuomo of sexually harassing behavior, including a former press aide who describes struggling to ...[Read more]
- Fani-Kayode’s Estranged Wife Planned To Have Me Kidnapped – Kemi OlunloyoIn Nigeria NewsMarch 7, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Controversial US-trained investigative journalist Kemi Olunloyo has alleged that the estranged wife of Femi Fani Kayode planned to ...[Read more]