Peacock TV is finally soaring into the streaming wars. NBCUniversal’s long-awaited streaming service has already been available in beta form to Comcast consumers, but tomorrow it launches in earnest, free tier and all. That’s right: unlike many other new streaming services, Peacock will come with a free ad-supported version. But is Peacock really free? As it turns out, yes and no. There’s a difference between Peacock TV Free and Peacock Premium, and that difference is a subscription fee to unlock Peacock’s full suite of content.
Named after NBC’s famous feathered mascot, Peacock is NBCUniversal’s brand new streaming service. Peacock is designed to be a one-stop shop for fans of NBC comedies and dramas, live sports (like Premiere League Soccer), Universal Studios films, and a host of new original content. Peacock is also set to be the exclusive stream home of The Office once Netflix’s licensing deal for the show expires in 2023. So it’s kind of a big deal…especially since almost all the ads for Peacock seem to be stressing how “free” it is.
However the truth is a little bit more complicated than that. While Peacock TV Free will offset the cost of content with five minutes of ads per hour, users will have to opt into one of two price tiers for access to Peacock Premium. So what’s the difference between Peacock TV Free and Peacock Premium? Is Peacock Premium worth the cost? And what exactly do you get with Peacock Premium that you don’t with Peacock TV Free?
Here’s everything you need to know about Peacock Premium vs. Free…
WHATS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PEACOCK PREMIUM AND PEACOCK TV FREE?
Peacock TV Free is the basic, ad-supported version of the NBCUniversal streaming platform. It is, as you imagine, free.
However it also comes with half the amount of content as Peacock Premium, meaning that if you want full access to Peacock’s library of content, which includes classic NBC shows, Universal movies, originals like Brave New World and Psych 2: Lassie Come Home, and access to live sports including Premiere League Soccer, you’ve got to pay up.
Here’s a full cost breakdown of Peacock’s three membership tiers:
- Peacock TV Free: The free, ad-supported plan allows users to access 13,000 hours of content.
- Peacock Premium with Ads: $4.99/month or $50/year. This paid plan gives users full access to Peacock content (about 20,000 hours of TV and movies and access to live sports), but will include commercial breaks.
- Peacock Premium without Ads: $9.99/month or $100/year. This paid plan gives users full access to Peacock TV content with no commercials whatsoever.
Note that if you are an Xfinity customer, you qualify for Peacock Premium for free.
WHAT SHOWS AND MOVIES DO YOU GET WITH PEACOCK TV FREE?
The good news is you get a lot with Peacock TV Free. The free tier will offer new episodes of NBC hits one week after they air, samples of Peacock originals, access to live news from NBC News Now and Sky News, and selected sporting events for free.
Here are some of the programming highlights that will be available on Peacock TV Free upon launch:
Parks and Recreation
Saturday Night Live
Saved by the Bell
The Johnny Carson Show
The Carol Burnett Show
Real Husbands of Hollywood
Everybody Hates Chris
Friday Night Lights
The Rockford Files
21 Jump Street
Leave It To Beaver
Murder She Wrote
Chrisley Knows Best
Million Dollar Listing New York
Real Housewives of Dallas
Jay Leno’s Garage
Shahs of Sunset
Top Chef Masters
Hollywood Game Night
American Ninja Warrior Jr.
Kong, The Animated Series
Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures
Fievel’s American Tails
Betty en NY
I Love Jenni
Reina De Corazones
Preso No. 1
Mi Familia Perfecta
Quien es Quien
Donde Esta Elisa
The Bourne Identity
The Bourne Supremacy
The Bourne Ultimatum
Jurassic Park III
The Matrix Reloaded
The Matrix Revolutions
The Blair Witch Project
The Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Fury
Do the Right Thing
Howard the Duck
Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas
The Last House On The Left
I Am Ali
In The Name of the Father
Law Abiding Citizen
What Dreams May Come
Fried Green Tomatoes
One True Thing
Peacock will also offer four Premiere League games for free on July 15, coverage of the U.S. Open, and select events from the upcoming summer and winter Olympics.
WHAT SHOWS AND CHANNELS DO YOU GET WITH PEACOCK PREMIUM?
Whether you opt in to the ad-supported or ad-free Peacock Premium services, you’ll definitely get more bang for your buck. NBC hits will be available to stream on demand the next day after they air and you’ll have access to Peacock’s full library, including full seasons of original programming.
Here are some of the programming highlights that will be available on Peacock Premium upon launch:
Brave New World
Psych 2: Lassie Come Home
DreamWorks Where’s Waldo?
DreamWorks Cleopatra In Space
Two and a Half Men
Everybody Loves Raymond
Jeff Foxworthy Show
King of Queens
Law & Order
Law & Order: SVU
American Ninja Warrior
DreamWorks Dragons: Riders of Berk
Care Bears: Welcome to Care-a-Lot
Children of Men
Charlie Wilson’s War
Forgetting Sarah Marshall
Kicking and Screaming
You, Me & Dupre
Peacock Premium will offer live and on demand access to 175 exclusive Premier League matches for the 2023-2023 season and coverage of cycling events such the Tour De France and La Vuelta. There will also be more than 100 hours of WWE content arriving in August.
Visit the Peacock website to sign up and learn more.
Source: Newzandar News
- Whats Going On With Male Actors – Rapper, Ruggedman
- Peacock Premium to Feature More Than 175 Premier League Matches
- Ibrahimovic really makes a difference for Milan, says Duarte
- What Is the Age Difference Between Radio Host Elvis Duran and Husband Alex Carr?
- ‘The Blacklist’ Alum Ryan Eggold Opens Up About the 1 Major Difference Between Tom Keen and ‘Red’
- Danielle Fishel Gives a Big Difference Between Her Experiences on ‘Boy Meets World’ and ‘Girl Meets World’
- There Is No Difference Between Bahari’s Government And Boko Haram – Reno Omokri Claims
- TBoss’ sister, Wendy knocks Kiddwaya for saying the difference between him and others is hardwork
- “The Difference Between You And I Is Hard Work” – Kiddwaya Reveals In His New Post
- Tattoo drama: ”Know the difference between a Boss lady and a buslady”- TBoss also comes for Ka3na