Ivanka Trump led a coronavirus response call with about a dozen New Jersey officials Tuesday, sources tell The Post.
The White House adviser and first daughter joined a video conference to discuss the situation in the nation’s second-worst-hit state.
New Jersey has almost 114,000 COVID-19 cases and more than 6,400 deaths.
State Commissioner of Health Judy Persichilli briefed participants on New Jersey’s response, and Ivanka Trump pledged federal support, according to a source.
On the line were Robert Little, a regional coordinating officer for the Federal Emergency Management Agency, and Lt. Colonel David Park of the Army Corps of Engineers.
Earlier this month New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy, a Democrat, said he wanted “more robust” assistance from the federal government before reopening the state economy. But Murphy’s relationship with the Trump administration has been notably less contentious than other governors.
The call featured George Helmy, chief of staff to the governor, and Murphy’s wife, Tammy Murphy, who thanked Ivanka Trump for a recent donation of food to staff at a local hospital.
A source familiar with Ivanka Trump’s donation said that her family donated 800 meals to show appreciation for healthcare workers. The source confirmed the donation after the hospital informed staff that she was the donor.
The source said that Ivanka Trump’s children wrote notes to thank the frontline workers.
The Tuesday call was organized through the New Jersey Regional Operations and Intelligence Center.
Ivanka Trump has had a less visible role in handling the crisis than her husband, White House adviser Jared Kushner, who has led administration efforts to partner with private businesses.
Col. Patrick Callahan, superintendent of New Jersey State Police, said in a statement he appreciated Ivanka Trump’s participation.
“It is readily apparent that New Jersey has a special place in Ivanka’s heart and we are very grateful that she took time to thank members from our state team and our federal partners from FEMA and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers,” Callahan said.
“We could not manage this crisis without the assistance from our federal partners and today’s video teleconference with Ivanka and her team was yet another reminder of that,” he said.
- Ivanka Trump leads coronavirus call with New Jersey officials
- Ivanka Trump backs Goya Foods on Twitter after liberals call for boycott
- See the weird look Melania Trump gives after Trump’s daughter, Ivanka walks past her (Photos/Video)
- Ivanka Trump’s personal assistant latest to test positive for coronavirus
- Ivanka Trump’s personal assistant tests positive for coronavirus
- Trump wanted his daughter Ivanka to be his 2016 vice presidential running mate – New report alleges
- Ivanka Trump, Tim Cook urge laid-off workers to ‘find something new’
- Ivanka Trump rips ‘cancel culture’ after she’s dropped as commencement speaker
- Ivanka raises $7M for Donald Trump’s re-election in just four days