Jersey Shore fans remember all of the iconic moments, including the time Jenni “JWoww” Farley back-handed Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino in the face. The series made it seem like Farley was mad at Sorrentino for his refusal to walk her back to the hotel room, but that’s not the case. A former producer who worked on the series recently revealed the real reason why Farley punched Sorrentino that night.
‘JWoww’s narrative from season 1 wasn’t entirely accurate
A former producer for the series recently hosted an Ask Me Anything forum on Reddit. They revealed that Farley knew her now ex-husband since the first season of the MTV show. “Roger was around since the first season,” they wrote on Reddit. “Jenni actually met him during season 1, but I don’t think it was on the show.” Then the producer dropped a bombshell on fans — a lot of what was seen regarding Farley was edited to spin another story.
RELATED: ‘Jersey Shore’: Apparently DJ Pauly D Is Reserved When Cameras Aren’t Rolling
“Come to think of it, a lot of things that happened to Jenni did not make the air — or they were edited with another narrative,” the producer continued. “For example, when she punched Mike — [producers] changed the context entirely on that one!” The episode made it seem like Farley was upset with Sorrentino for not walking her back to the room after she had gotten sick in the club. Apparently, that wasn’t the case.
Did ‘JWoww’ have feelings for ‘The Situation’?
According to the former story and field producer, Farley punched Sorrentino the night of their trip to Atlantic City because she had feelings for him. “She caught feelings for Mike and was trying to c*ck block him that night,” the producer admitted. “[Jenni] hooked up with Mike very early on. And Ron had a crush on Jenni, and they became very close before he pursued Samantha.”
RELATED: ‘Jersey Shore’: Here’s Why the Girls Were Allowed to Write the Note to Sammi ‘Sweetheart’ Giancola
Why didn’t fans get to see ‘JWoww’ and ‘The Situation’s hookup?
Fans of Jersey Shore never got to see any footage confirming Farley and Sorrentino’s alleged hookup. That’s because it was likely edited out of the series in post-production. “[Jenni’s] storyline was to be with Pauly,” the producer said. “They had a good look together, so we stayed in that lane.”
Producers are still chasing the ‘PWoww’ storyline
The idea of Farley and DelVecchio’s romance has been a driving storyline in season 3 of Jersey Shore: Family Vacation. Since their near-hookup in New Orleans, the roommates have been poking fun at Farley’s crush on DelVecchio.
According to Farley, she tried hooking up with DelVecchio after filing for divorce from Mathews in Sept. 2018, but DelVecchio “shut the door” on her. “Me and Pauly had a nice dinner together that night,” Farley explained to Angelina Pivarnick after her close encounter with DelVecchio. “And then we went home together. And he shut the door on me.”
Despite their love and respect for one another, it doesn’t look like DelVecchio and Farley will become a couple any time soon. She’s back with Zack “24” Carpinello, and DelVecchio says he would never “do anything to jeopardize anything.” But fans can dream, right?
Newzandar News newzandar.com
- ‘Jersey Shore’: Why Fans Are Against Jenni ‘JWoww’ Farley and Pauly DelVecchio Dating
- ‘Jersey Shore’: Why Sammi ‘Sweetheart’ Giancola Forgave Nicole ‘Snooki’ Polizzi for the Note but Not Jenni ‘Jwoww’ Farley
- ‘Jersey Shore’: Jenni ‘JWoww’ Farley and DJ Pauly D’s Relationship Timeline
- ‘Jersey Shore’: Did Jenni ‘JWoww’ Farley Cheat on Tom With Roger Mathews During Season 1?
- Jenni ‘JWoww’ Farley Wanted This Artistic Career Before Joining the Cast of ‘Jersey Shore’
- ‘Jersey Shore’ Fans Are Shocked That Jenni ‘JWoww’ Farley Is Still With Zack ’24’ Carpinello
- Jenni ‘JWoww’ Farley Doesn’t Think She and ‘Snooki’ Would Be Friends If She Hadn’t Gotten Newzandar Newsed on ‘Jersey Shore’
- Jenni ‘JWoww’ Farley Pretended To Be Asleep During This Hilarious ‘Jersey Shore: Family Vacation’ Scene
- Jenni ‘JWoww’ Farley Says This ‘Jersey Shore’ Roommate Takes the Longest to Get Ready
- Jenni ‘JWoww’ Farley Thinks She Came Off ‘In Bad Taste’ After ‘Jersey Shore: Family Vacation’ Vegas Drama