Jigawa State House of Assembly has directed its Public Accounts Committee to investigate all the financial activities of the twenty-seven local government councils in the state.
The Speake,r Alhaji Idris Garba Jahun gave the directives on Tuesday following a motion moved by the Deputy Majority Leader of the House, Barrister Bala Hamza Gada on the need to investigate financial activities of the local government councils to ensure prudence in the management of public funds.
Chairman, Public Accounts Committee, Barrister Bala Hamza Gada, said the directives followed a series of complaints received by his committee from six local government areas over alleged embezzlement of public funds.
They include; Auyo, Hadejia, Guri, Kirikasamma, Birniwa and Gwaram Local Governments Councils.
He said the committee, therefore, decided to expand its investigation to all the twenty-one local government councils in the state.
The chairman, however, said his committee will do its best to conduct a comprehensive investigation into the financial activities of local government councils.
He also assured that the Jigawa State House of Assembly was determined to ensured discipline and accountability in the management of all public resources in the state.
- Alleged Misappropriation: Ekiti Assembly concludes plan to invite Fayose over N10 billion supplementary budget
- NDDC: Reps Summon Godswill Akpabio Over Misappropriation Of Funds
- Nigeria’s Anti-graft Agency Probes Ogun Assembly Speaker For Alleged Financial Misappropriation, Forgery, Others
- Arrest those involved in misappropriation of NDDC funds — Tony Abdullai
- Osun Assembly suspends council chairman over misappropriation of fund
- Senate probes NDDC over alleged misappropriation of N40bn
- APC chair held over alleged misappropriation
- Alleged financial misappropriation: Ibarapa Poly gov council chair debunks rumour of arrest by EFCC
- Alleged misappropriation of N40,025 lands hair dresser in court
- Ruth Kadiri demands death sentence be given to politicians and public servants who misuse public funds