Former President John Dramani Mahama is surprised that President Nana Akufo-Addo is talking about consensus building in the election of Alban Kingsford Sumana Bagbin as Speaker of Parliament when Members of Parliament (MPs) of the National Democratic Congress (NDC) have been charged for unlawful assembly for merely having sought to present a petition to the Electoral Commission challenging the parliamentary election in Techiman South.
John Mahama argued that there is a disconnect between what is happening and what President Akufo-Addo is preaching.
“Our Orwellian reality in Ghana compels us to accept the doctrines of newspeak, whose subdoctrines are doublespeak and doublethink!
Otherwise, how else can it be said that the President was in Kumasi preaching consensus building in respect of the newly elected opposition Speaker of Parliament, and the very next morning, the Greater Accra Regional Police Commander was serving a Court process on the said Speaker, charging leadership of the NDC Parliamentary Caucus for unlawful assembly in respect of their procession/ walk to the EC to deliver a petition on Techiman South.
I “can’t think far”, Mr Mahama posted on social media.
President Akufo-Addo, in a media interview in Kumasi, allegedly said that Alban Kingsford Sumana Bagbin was made Speaker of Parliament through consensus building in Parliament.
Rt Hon. Bagbin, a staunch member of the NDC was recently elected Speaker of Parliament after an acrimonious process. He beat the candidate of the New Patriotic Party (NPP), Prof Mike Oquaye, to clinch the coveted position as Speaker of Ghana’s Eighth Parliament.
Source: MyNewsGh.com/Stephen Zoure/2021
- Why my relationship with Mercy Eke crashed – IkeIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 24, 2021Nigerian singer, Banky Wellington, also known as Banky W has blasted the Muhammadu Buhari led administration for making citizens register for NIN ...[Read more]
- Man Utd vs Liverpool: Mark Hughes predicts FA Cup clashIn SportsJanuary 24, 2021
- Man United vs Liverpool: Michael Owen predicts FA Cup clashIn SportsJanuary 24, 2021
- Ogun: Two men arrested, beaten for alleged robbery in Abeokuta [VIDEO]In Local NewsJanuary 24, 2021The Commissioner, Ministry of Internal Security and Home Affairs, Kaduna State, Mr. Samuel Aruwan says bandits killed four persons in Chikun local ...[Read more]
- Lawmakers urge NYC to use senior centers as COVID-19 vaccination hubs for elderlyIn USAJanuary 24, 2021It’s amazing no one has thought of this before: using senior centers as vaccination hubs for the elderly. But now a group of 27 City Council members ...[Read more]
- FA Cup: Alan Smith blasts two Arsenal players after 1-0 defeat to SouthamptonIn SportsJanuary 24, 2021
- Herdsmen quit notice: What Buhari govt should do over Sunday Igboho’s order – Ismalic groupIn NewsJanuary 24, 2021The Muslim Rights Concern, MURIC, has called on the federal government to engage in dialogue and consultation over the crisis between Yoruba youths ...[Read more]
- COVID-19: NCDC confirms 1,633 new infections, additional deaths in NigeriaIn COVID-19, NewsJanuary 24, 2021President Muhammadu Buhari, on Saturday, advocated the restructuring of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) amid his seeming ...[Read more]
- Buhari shuns Nigerians’ calls, demands ECOWAS restructuringIn NewsJanuary 24, 2021
- Youths Waste Much Energy on Irrelevant Issues – Yul EdochieIn EntertainmentJanuary 24, 2021Youths Waste Much Energy on Irrelevant Issues – Yul Edochie. The most handsome actor Yul Edochie in the Nollywood world, has recently called out ...[Read more]