The Security Joint Task Force stationed in Erena town of Shiroro local government of Niger state has repelled an armed bandits invasion on the town, following hours of fierce gunfire exchange.
The bandits stormed Erena at about 4am Tuesday morning in large numbers, to wreak havoc on people of the area.
But, the joint security force, DAILY POST gathered and repelled the bandits from having their way as they engaged them in a gun battle.
Eyewitness accounts said the security forces based in Erena put up a good fight and stopped the bandits from gaining entrance into the area.
Confirming the development, the Co-Convener of Shiroro Youths Forum, Bello Ibrahim said terrorists in their large numbers stormed Erena town in an attempt to unleash havoc on the area.
He explained that, however, the bandits met strong resistance from the Security Joint Task Force, comprising conventional security and local vigilantes, stationed at Day Secondary School, Erena.
“Yes, I can confirm to you that in the early hours of today, terrorists in their large numbers stormed Erena town in an attempt to unleash havoc on defenceless, peaceful and unsuspecting locals”
“They were engaged in a fierce gun battle which lasted for hours and consequently, the criminals couldn’t gain access to the town. There were sporadic gunshots as sounds of gunshots could be heard from all over the places”.
On the number of casualties, Ibrahim explained that the figures from both sides could not be ascertained as the area has been cordoned off by the security forces.
“But, a vehicle belonging to the gallant security men was seen to have been burnt. On the whole, the deadly attack was successfully repelled. Kudos to our gallant forces and local vigilantes for this heroic outing, ” he further added.
However, efforts to get a Police reaction failed as the Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) ASP Abiodun Wasiu could not be reached.
- Bobrisky to spend N532million on his 30th birthdayIn Celebrity NewsJanuary 22, 2021Nigerian crossdresser, Bobrisky has revealed that he would spend a whooping N532million on three gifts for himself on his 30th birthday. The ...[Read more]
- Bauchi Governor signs $70m MoU with UK-based firm on provision of electricityIn NewsJanuary 22, 2021
- Why I invited PDP Governor to commission projects in Jigawa – Gov BadaruIn NewsJanuary 22, 2021
- COVID-19: Africa’s cases surpass 3.3m as death toll hits 82,000In COVID-19, NewsJanuary 22, 2021
- BREAKING: Oyo: Makinde orders Police to arrest Sunday Igboho, others over Fulani quit noticeIn NewsJanuary 22, 2021Oyo State Governor, Seyi Makinde, has ordered the Police to arrest Sunday Igboho and others causing tension in the state. On Friday, Igboho went to ...[Read more]
- Romance or disrespect? Woman’s photo of man with his leg on her thigh on first date sparks debateIn NewsJanuary 22, 2021A woman took to Twitter to share a photo of a man with his feet on her thigh on their first date. She captioned the photo: “How I go on a first ...[Read more]
- Brooklyn rapper Sheff G allegedly busted with loaded gun during traffic stopIn USAJanuary 22, 2021A Brooklyn rapper was allegedly busted with a loaded .45-caliber handgun after being stopped for an illegal u-turn, The Post has learned. The rapper, ...[Read more]
- Blasphemy: Death Sentence Of Kano Singer Overturned By The CourtIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 22, 2021
- Soldier brings out cutlass after slapping footballer, Chikelu Ofoedu (Video)In Viral NewsJanuary 22, 2021A video circulating on social media shows the moment a military officer exchanged words with Nigerian professional footballer, Chikelu Ofoedu. The ...[Read more]
- Bernie Sanders mittens meme ‘visits’ Brooklyn College in hilarious photoshopIn USAJanuary 22, 2021Bernie Sanders and his viral mittens fit like a glove on the Brooklyn College campus! The liberal Vermont senator’s first alma mater photoshopped the ...[Read more]