Elder sister of former Gender Minister, Otiko Afisah Djaba, Georgette Ami Dede Djaba has passed on from coronavirus, MyNewsGh.com has confirmed.
Georgette Ami Dede Djaba adds to the tall list of prominent Ghanaians to have passed on from Covid-19 infections in the last 72 hours in Ghana. Yesterday, we broke news of the death of Phillip Odei Asare, MD of Best Point Savings and Loans and before him, Two popular private school teachers followed by National Security Coordinator Joshua Kyeremeh and head of Safety of the Ministry of Energy. This morning, Dr. Dr. Amoako Tuffour, a founder member of the NPP also passed on.
Ms Djaba who was ordinarily resident in London, in the United Kingdom returned to Ghana prior to the yuletides.
More details surrounding the circumstances of her death have not been clarified while family have requested for privacy in mourning.
Profile of Ami Dede Djaba.
Ms Ami Dede Djaba was born on 21 January 1961 at Koforidua In the Eastern Region as the first born of 22 children. Her father was the popular Henry Djaba. Dede’s mother, Gladys Opoku hails from Koforidua. Her grandmother, Hannah Akore is from Akropong Akwapim, and her late grandfather from Krobo in Asante-Mampong.
Dede attended Morning Star school as a pioneer student and an all rounder who excelled in academia in addition to athletics, drama and gymnastics.
She passed the common entrance at 9 years old with an extremely high score, coming third in the whole of Ghana and fifth in West-Africa, gaining her admission to Wey Gey Hey, in Cape-Coast at 10 years old with an added bonus of a Cocoa Marketing Board scholarship on merit.
She attained a BA Hons, LL.B, LL.M (School of Oriental & African Studies) and the Solicitors’ Final Exams at the College of Law, London. She trained as a Solicitor with a prestigious firm, namely, Foot & Bowden, now Foot Antsey in Plymouth. She commenced an M.Phil/Ph.D. Her Thesis titled: “Domestic abuse in the Ghanaian family: the case for Ghanaians in London”.
She was very active in the politics of the New Patriotic Party, NPP.
Dede worked closely with her father as his private secretary. Some of the projects she worked on included the Neoplan Ghana bus assembly plant in Achimota and Kumasi. The first double decker bus in ghana was named “Auntie Deede” after her.
Dede worked tirelessly on the bid for the Satellite station project at Kuntunase, was on the payroll of the family business, Ghana Agricultural Machinery Company for several years, working alongside Henry Djaba, Kofi Djaba and Francis Yaw Addo.
Dede has been supporting victims of violent crime in the UK for several years. From the stabbing to death of Nass Osawe (16), Stephen Moody Boateng (18) Sylvester Senyah (33) and many more, no case is too onerous.
She is often on radio providing talk shows on pertinent areas of law and politics including UK Immigration, nationality, Family Law, Child care Law, mental health Law and related areas.
Dede has assisted in several high profile cases including the Michael Watson case, Dasebre Gyamena’s trials during which Dede personally sponsored Tic Tac as a crucial witness to testify as a character witness. He was found “not guilty” and awarded compensation.
Source: MyNewsGh.com/Stephen Zoure/2021
- Crystal Palace vs Man United: Cavani hint on his fitness ahead of EPL clashIn EPL, SportsMarch 1, 2021The English Premier League has issued a statement to explain the decision not to award Manchester United a penalty in Sunday’s clash against Chelsea ...[Read more]
- You Don’t Need to Be Decent For A Man – Lil Frosh Ex-GirlfriendIn EntertainmentMarch 1, 2021You Don’t Need to Be Decent For A Man – Lil Frosh Ex-girlfriend. The former girlfriend of rapper, Lil Frosh and Nigerian model Gift Camile, took to ...[Read more]
- Okonjo-Iweala honours 4-year-old girl who dressed to look like herIn GossipMarch 1, 2021The new Director-general of the World Trade Centre (WTO), Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, has acknowledged a four-year-old girl who modelled herself to look ...[Read more]
- Hushpuppi Hires Top Ex-Government Lawyer to Represent HimIn EntertainmentMarch 1, 2021Hushpuppi Hires Top Ex-Government Lawyer to Represent Him. A one-time popular Instagram celebrity facing fraud-related and money laundering charges ...[Read more]
- I Would Rather Miss The Olympics Than Take The Vaccine – Yohan BlakeIn Celebrity News, Entertainment, SportsMarch 1, 2021Jamaican sprinter and two-time Olympic gold medalist, Yohan Blake has said that he would rather miss the Tokyo 2021 Olympics rather than receive the ...[Read more]
- Police nab 3 over alleged kidnap of Adamawa businessmanIn Local NewsMarch 1, 2021Security operatives comprising the police and the military on Sunday averted a potential bloodbath at Kurmi village in Burra district of Ningi Local ...[Read more]
- Mistake Women Make Is Thinking If A Man Engages Them, They Have A Baby He Will Still Marry Them – Roman Goddess Reacts To Chioma And Davido SagaIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentMarch 1, 2021Instagram celebrity Roman Goddess has weighed in on the relationship drama of singer Davido and his fiancee Chioma. The internet sensation in a post ...[Read more]
- UNICEF Ghana commends President Akufo-Addo for taking COVID-19 vaccine publiclyIn Ghana, NewsMarch 1, 2021UNICEF Ghana has praised President Nana Akufo-Addo for leading by example for taking the COVID-19 vaccine publicly so as to engender trust in the ...[Read more]
- A/R: 11-day missing Antoa Mobile Money Merchant lady found dead and decomposingIn Ghana, NewsMarch 1, 2021The body of a missing woman has been found in a bush at Antoa in the Kwabre East District of the Ashanti Region in an advanced decomposing state The ...[Read more]
- Ghanaians are silent but harbouring serious pent up anger in them – Yvonne Nelson warns Akufo-AddoIn Ghana, NewsMarch 1, 2021Actress Yvonne Nelson has indicated that Ghanaians are silent but are internally angry about Ghana’s Health Sector which is stinking and that ...[Read more]