The Federal Government has declared one day public holiday.
The Minister of Interior, Ogbeni Rauf Adesoji Aregbesola made this declaration on behalf of the Federal Government.
He also congratulated all Nigerians at home and abroad for the position of democratic rule in the country.
The Minister also commended the heroes of democracy for their relentless determination and sacrifice which eventually brought Democratic Governance in Nigeria.
A statement signed by the permanent secretary in the ministry, Georgina Ehuriah quoted Aregbesola as urging all Nigerians to continue to cherish the selfless efforts made to gain democracy.
He called on Nigerians to collaborate with the President Muhammadu Buhari-led Administration to ensure the realization of the democratic ideals which these Patriots fought for, even at the cost of their lives.
The Minister who reassured Nigerians of the Federal Government’s commitment to fighting the ravaging COVID-19 with their (Nigerians) cooperation.
He also advised them to take responsibility to stop the spread of the raging virus.
He reiterated the need for all Nigerians to stay safe by observing physical and social distancing, personal and respiratory hygiene, as well as other regulations issued by relevant authorities.
- Federal Government Declares July 30th And 31st As Public Holiday To Mark Eid-el-Kabir
- Federal Government Declares May 1 Public Holiday
- Federal Government Declares Friday Public Holiday
- Taraba government declares 3-day public holiday
- Edo Elections: Government Declares Public Holiday
- FG Declares Monday, May 3rd Public Holiday to Mark Workers Day
- 60th Independence Day: FG Declares October 1 Public Holiday
- Workers’ Day: FG declares May 1 Public Holiday