A car snatching syndicate that can pass for the biggest in the history of the country has been arrested in Kumasi, the Ashanti Regional capital, MyNewsGh.com has confirmed.
Police indicated following numerous complaints from residents about their vehicles being snatched at gunpoint by miscreants mostly robbers, they devised a strategy to nib such criminal activities in the bud.
As a result, a patrol team detailed for this special operation on the dawn of Monday February 22, 2021 chanced on a black and yellow Kia Picanto taxi cab with registration number AW – 319 -20 driven by 38-year-old Yaw Sarkodie of house number P23 Pankrono-Kumasi with two other occupants on board.
A search was conducted in the vehicle and a sponge was found in the pocket of one of the suspects.
The team became suspicious as that has been the modus operandi of the car snatchers in the vicinity who usually tie their victims with either nylon rope or sponge to strangulate them before taking the vehicle.
The suspects were arrested and interrogated and asked to show where they live at Kwapra as they claimed that was the area they stay.
They later admitted that they came from Sunyani and hired the taxi cab from Asafo market to Kronum Kwapra ostensibly to rob the car from the driver.
The suspects confessed that they are behind the numerous car snatching cases at Kwapra and other areas
The Suame Divisional taskforce proceeded to Meduma with the suspects and retrieved four (4) snatched taxi cabs and upon further interrogation the suspects informed police that other vehicles were in Sunyani in the bono region. Police proceeded to the area and retrieved three (3) more taxis.
- GOP House members want Cuomo to testify about COVID nursing home deathsIn USAFebruary 24, 2021Republican members of a House of Representatives committee want to subpoena Gov. Andrew Cuomo to testify about the true number of nursing home ...[Read more]
- NYPD, DOT slam proposal to shift authority over crash investigationsIn USAFebruary 24, 2021City council members want to yank crash investigations from the NYPD and put them under the authority of the Department of Transportation — but both ...[Read more]
- Two more mass COVID-19 vaccination sites open in NYCIn USAFebruary 24, 2021Two more mass COVID-19 vaccination sites opened in New York City Wednesday — promising to deliver more doses than any other in the Big Apple. The ...[Read more]
- Sweet’N Low magnate Donald Tober left wife $30M fortune, will showsIn USAFebruary 24, 2021Sweet’N Low magnate Donald Tober, who committed suicide in Manhattan last month, left his wife a $30 million fortune, new court paper show. The ...[Read more]
- ‘Go somewhere else’: Florida officials crack down on spring break amid COVID pandemicIn LifestyleFebruary 24, 2021Florida officials are cracking down on spring-breakers hoping to flee to the state’s beaches amid the pandemic. New restrictions ...[Read more]
- Ayisha Modi – The Barking B*tch Capable Of Fighting With Her Own ShadowIn EntertainmentFebruary 24, 2021By the close of this year, barking b*tch, Ayisha Modi is likely to fight everyone in the entertainment industry. She is even likely to fight with ...[Read more]
- “If Bobrisky Is Beautiful, Let Her Come Out Without Makeup” – Nigerian Transgender, Michelle Page Challenges Bobrisky To A Beauty ContestIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentFebruary 24, 2021Nigerian transgender, Michelle Page has released a video daring Bobrisky to come out without makeup and filter. Michelle said in a video released to ...[Read more]
- Philadelphia airport offers robot food delivery to travelersIn LifestyleFebruary 24, 2021The future is now – at least at the Philadelphia International Airport (PHL). On Monday, the airport launched a robotic food delivery ...[Read more]
- VIDEOS: Kwadwo Safo Jnr’s 35th Car-themed Birthday Cake Is Just Like One Of Their Needless Sophisticated CarsIn EntertainmentFebruary 24, 2021The Chief Executive Officer of Kantanka Automobile, Kwadwo Safo Jnr is celebrating his 35th birthday today, February 24, 2021, and to our shock, his ...[Read more]
- Europa League: Mourinho hails Dele Alli’s performance in Tottenham’s victory against WolfsbergIn SportsFebruary 24, 2021Manchester United head coach, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, has suggested that the club are still interested in signing Borussia Dortmund striker, Erling ...[Read more]