From AbdulGafar Alabelewe, Kaduna
Kaduna State Standing Committee on COVID-19 has said 50 persons have been quarantined at the national Youth Service Corps (NYSC) camp for allegedly violating the ban on interstate travel.
In an update on Tuesday by Special Adviser to the Governor on Media and Communication, Mr Muyiwa Adekeye, the committee said the violators “will be isolated there for 14 days to ensure that they are COVID-19-free”.
Adekeye said: “The quarantine centre received its first set of 27 guests on Sunday, while 23 others were brought in on Monday, following the deployment of senior Kaduna State government officials to enforce the restriction of movement at various points of entry into the state.”
The Special Adviser warned “that Kaduna State will no longer offer the option of quarantine for persons traveling illegally”.
- KDSG quarantines 50 inter-state travel ban violators
- Ebonyi arrest, quarantines 700 interstate travel ban violators
- Kaduna govt quarantines 50 for violating ban on interstate travel
- Train operations cannot commence until inter-state travel ban is lifted, says NRC
- Why Nigerians must obey ban on inter-state travel
- Transport owners call for lifting of inter-state travel ban
- Inter-State Travel: NURTW commends FG’s lift of ban, seeks subsidy
- Trending Video: As FG lifts Inter-state travel ban, Nigerians besiege motor parks
- Inter-state travel ban, curfew to continue for two weeks
- COVID-19: PTF frowns at breach of inter-state travel ban, security agents’ connivance