The Coalition of Northern Groups, CNG, said it received the news of the arrest and repatriation of Nnamdi with mixed feelings of apprehension and appreciation.
The group noted that it remained apprehensive about the arrest of Nnamdi Kanu until the full course of justice takes effect.
It claimed that Kanu’s arrest will not affect Biafra agitation as a referendum was pertinent.
The spokesman of the group, Abdul-Azeez Suleiman commended the effort of the federal government and the agencies in a statement, thanked the International Police and authorities of the United Kingdom for honouring their obligations to Nigeria.
The group said, Nnamdi Kanu has a pending trial for treasonable felony and jumping bail, saying that he must now face additional charges of incitement to violence and killing of people of other ethnicities particularly northerners, security personnel as a result of his open incitement.
The statement said, “More importantly, we don’t see Kanu’s arrest affecting the issue of Biafra. While he faces trial hopefully, the CNG is insisting that this is the right time to tackle the Biafran issue once for all.”
The coalition explained that nobody should make the mistake of assuming that the arrest is anywhere near the end of the Biafran affair, insisting, “We stand our ground that a referendum must be held to determine this and all other agitations for self-determination from any part of the country.”
- Biafra: Referendum Still Needed Despite Kanu’s Arrest—Coalition Of Northern Groups
- Biafra: 10 more Nnamdi Kanus will arise – Omokri dares Buhari
- Biafra: Nnamdi Kanus should rethink, Special offer await you – Orji Kalu
- US-based Nigerian calls for referendum to address Igbo agitation
- Withdraw The Troops From Igboland, Agitation For Referendum Is People’s Right – Onyeka Onwenu Tells Buhari
- Northern group protests in Abuja, demands referendum
- Breaking: Protest in Abuja as Northern Group Demands Referendum
- Igbos will lose Presidency if IPOB continues agitation — Orji Uzor Kalu as he urges IPOB to drop agitation
- DSS Vs IPOB: Attacks may lead to ‘hit and run’ agitation in Southeast – Biafra group warns
- Biafra: It’s not by force to stay together, grant Ndigbo referendum – Kanu tells Buhari