The explanation by the government that the forty-five-year-old abandoned Maternity and Children block at the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital (KATH) is unfit for purpose is an agenda to “steal” money, Mr. Akwasi Addia Odike has stated in an interview re-streamed by MyNewsGh.com.
“All these things are falsehood and a palpable lie. I don’t agree a bit with officials and the government today, tomorrow, or any day that the forty-five-year-old structure is weak. The Akufo-Addo government wants to freeze us”, the founder and leader of the United Progressive Party (UPP), Mr. Akwasi Addia Odike stated.
Speaking on Kumasi-based Abusua FM morning show monitored by MyNewsGh.com, Mr. Odike strongly rejected the explanation by Ashanti Regional Minister, Simon Osei Mensah that: “the contractor after assessing the building came to the conclusion that the building is not fit for the purpose, hence it has to be demolished”.
“This is unbecoming of the NPP government. How possible is it for us to believe that the building is unfit for purpose. Look at the Job 600 built by Nkrumah. There is no house that was built forty-five year ago and not fit for purpose as the Maternity and Children block at KATH”,
“Journalists should dig further. The Job 600 building started before this abandoned Maternity block. The equipment in them are heavy and more as well. How then do we say the maternity block is weak and unfit for purpose”, Odike quizzed host, Kojo Marfo during panel discussion.
Government has begun demolishing the abandoned 45-year-old maternity block which was being funded by German Bank, Deutsche Bank, at the cost of €155 million after contractors say the building is weak for its purpose as Maternity block.
The President of the Republic, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo, on Friday, 15th May, 2022, cut sod for the reactivation of work for the completion of the project covered by Mynewsgh.com then.
Meanwhile, a structural Engineer, based in Kumas, Mr. Richard Nsiah says that demolition should not be the last resort.
- Govt announces demolition of 45-year-old KATH Maternity block
- Top Engineer questions the demolition of KATH Maternity block as last resort
- KATH Board cited for contempt by court
- ‘If you can’t take blows, don’t throw blows’
- “God will block your blessings” – Restaurant in the US places curses on customers who block their toilets
- EC Boss has changed 2022 declared presidential results 7 times – NDC blows alarm
- NPP gave ‘big big contracts’ to Rawlings – Angry Ken Agyapong blows alarm
- NPP Nat’l Executives buying UK properties, other goodies for girlfriends – Party insider Fadi blows alarm
- ‘John Mahama Is Just Desperate For Power’ – UPP Leader, Odike
- Vote Akuffo Addo out – Odike gingers Private School owners