A woman and her two children in Rivers have reportedly been killed by an explosion from a cooking stove suspected to have been fed with adulterated kerosene.
The victims whose identity could not be confirmed as at the time of filing this report were reportedly trapped in their house when the tragedy occurred, midday Tuesday.
The incident happened in an Estate in Choba community, Obio/Akpor Local Government Area of the state.
Unconfirmed reports had it that the father of the house had earlier locked the woman and her two kids in the house and went away with the keys, which made it impossible for them to escape when the explosion occurred.
A source close to the scene alleged that the victims burnt to death in the locked room adding that everything in the house went into flame.
- Kerosene explosion kills mother, 2 children in Rivers
- Four members of a family killed in Kerosene explosion in Cross River
- Kerosene import crashes, diesel rises
- PPMC fixes ex-depot price of petrol, diesel, kerosene
- The north became NDC when Adu Boahen said give them kerosene not electricity – John Tia recalls ’92 insults
- Child’s scalp decaying after her aunt poured kerosene on her head (video)
- Short Man Like Kerosene Bottle, Dr Dolor Call Your Dog To Order – Bobrisky Drags Hotkid
- Explosion kills 6 children, injures 5 in Katsina community
- Beirut Explosion: Touching Moment A Nanny Risked Her Life To Save Her Boss Child During Explosion (Watch Video)
- Beirut Explosion: Thousands Injured And Many Feared Dead, After Huge Explosion Hits Lebanon