Khafi Kareem and her family members were inconsolable as they laid to rest the youngest member of the family, Alexander Kareem.
Alexander was shot dead in the street in Askew Road, Shepherd’s Bush, west London, on June 8.
Police said Mr Kareem, 20, was killed as he left a convenience store in a case of mistaken identity shortly after 12.30 am.
At the funeral, the family of Alexander Kareem begged the public not to view his death as “just another black boy who’s been shot.”
In a heartfelt eulogy to her brother, Khafi Kareem, 30, said she and her brothers “would have taken the bullet for him”.
Speaking after his funeral, Khafi said: “To anybody who’s seen this (in the news) and is thinking this is just another black boy who’s been shot by violence, I want to tell you that is not the case.
“Alex’s life mattered, he had a future ahead of him, he’s not just another black boy. He had a family, he had friends, this is real.”
Khafi added: “There are real lives that have been impacted, real people who are broken. There are so many people who have turned up today and we are here for justice.
“I am begging whoever knows anything please find it in your heart to come forward. I feel bad that we’ve had to bury Alex and his killers are still not found, can he really rest in peace when his killers are roaming around?”
Around 30 people attended the funeral service at the Church of the Holy Ghost and St Stephen in Shepherd’s Bush on Wednesday, July 29, and dozens more paid their respects at the burial in Margravine Cemetery in Hammersmith.
Alexander Kareem was described as “brainy and intelligent”, and a computer whizz who enjoyed coding and playing the video game Fortnite.
He was about to embark on a new chapter of his life by starting university in September to study computer science.
Khafi, who came to the limelight as a housemate in the reality show Big Brother Naija Pepper Dem, said of her brother at the funeral: “My mum named him after Alexander the Great, because, even though he’s the youngest, my mum always knew this is where greatness was going to come from in our family.
“He’s really funny and always energetic, he was just becoming a man, looking after himself and giving back to us as a family.
“And most importantly he was innocent, he had nothing to do with the horrid, horrible lifestyle that took him away, he had nothing to do with that.”
Below is a video of Khafi’s moving eulogy at her brother’s funeral:
- Photos: Khafi Kareem and her family members finally bury the youngest member of the family, Alexander Kareem
- Former #BBNaija Khafi Kareem and her family members finally bury late brother, Alexander Kareem – See heartbreaking photos and Video from the funeral
- Khafi Kareem’s brother, Alexander gunned down in West London
- Reintroducing Khafi The Actress – Khafi Kareem Announces Plans To Return To Acting
- “I Love You Now And Forever Alex” – Khafi Kareem Tells His Late Younger Brother As He Finally Goes Home
- BBNaija star Khafi Kareem tells fans to pray for her family following brother’s death
- Khafi Kareem Delivers Lupita’s ‘Sulwe’ In Her Book Reading Series (Video)
- If you know who killed my brother come forward, I beg you – BBNaija’s Khafi Khareem and her mother plead as it’s revealed Alexander was shot in a case of mistaken identity (video)
- Khafi Kareem pens heartfelt note to Tacha on her 25th birthday
- Khafi Kareem, Ex BBNaija Housemate mourns her late brother